Search Unity

Possible Issue: can't install from AUR repository

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Druncle_Titus, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Druncle_Titus

Druncle_Titus

When I tried to install the unity editro from the AUR repository, it downloaded, but then while unpacking the package, i got an error message telling me that there wasn't enough disk space partitioned. However, i currently have around 900GB of space partitioned for the "/" partition. is the editor saved in this space, or another spot in my file system? (i'm using manjaro linux) how do I get this to work?

2. richardoliverwood

richardoliverwood

Hey, I had the same issue, however "/" 900GB that won't do. The one that you'll need is the /tmp, I had to resize it from 2gb to whopping 10gb /tmp partition. Then installation went fine.

I tried to "df" during the installation, it does put lots of stuff on /tmp,

3. Druncle_Titus

Druncle_Titus

Thanks man. I was wondering what folder the file was saved in and i suspected /tmp since it had less space partitioned. I appreciate the help.

4. Zuntatos

Zuntatos

I'd recommend against permanently changing the /tmp size just to install this via yaourt or another package manager. A preferably way would be to either set a different path for yaourt to download/unpack things to or to manually install the package with makepkg, there's enough guides on the wiki.

5. fjalla

fjalla

Hey, /tmp is the default space for building packages for many AUR helpers, we can't override it. Currently the package is made to use as little space as possible, but it's still twice the size of the Unity installation (again, this is something we can't do anything about.

To workaround it you can increase /tmp, or (preferably) look if your AUR helper has an option to use a different folder for package building (yaourt definitely has it, I think pacaur too, but it's quite possible all of them have it).

Of course you can build the package by hand too.