Search Unity

Possible cause for 'not allowed to remove the Unity splash' crash

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by xixac, Mar 30, 2012.

1. xixac

xixac

Sorry if this was already solved, but I couldn't find an answer here so far.

Currently when running a project with UT 3.5 on iPhone/iPad under Mac OS 10.7.3 w/ Xcode 4.3.2 and iOS 5.1 games will crash in the debugger with the message: You are using Unity iPhone Basic. "You are not allowed to remove the Unity splash screen from your game". Oh - and I'm not using any kind of Pro version.
    My understanding is that UT has embedded in the images specific markers to keep us honest which is why there is a trapdoor in the first place. Keeping this in mind, there is a bug in the current iOS release (5.1) which causes a white line at the bottom of any apps default.png when run on devices. The assumed cause for this is a parsing error in the last line of the png and regular developers have started addressing this by re-sampling their Default images to 24-bit (only non-transparent 8-bit pngs are affected).
    Obviously resampling Unity's 8-bit Default.pngs will remove UT's marker with the result being the same crash message as I saw. So - has anyone found another solution for this? Or did I miss an update?