Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Bug with the new InputSystemUIInputModule

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Agamashi, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Agamashi

Agamashi

Greetings!

I may have found a bug in the new "InputSystemUIInputModule" that should be used with the new Input System.

Currently developing a card game, with a "Draggable" script attached to the Cards, enabling Drag and Dropping it to a specific place. I noticed that the "OnEndDrag" event never actually goes through, and start floating in the air. I made it so that when using Mouse Left Click it follows the mouse position and when left go it check where it was dropped, but it just started floating in the air, I tested it afterwards where it didn't follow the mouse, and the OnEndDrag went through like it should.

BUT before I started using the new Input System everything worked as intended, the card followed the mouse position and it was dropped in the desired location! This bug occurred with the new InputSystemUIInputModule, after changing it back to the old one, everything worked fine like it should.

Honestly I did not figure out why it does this, but hope it gets fixed soon, if it even is an issue :)!

- Agamashi