Search Unity

Bug Possible Bug with Animation Rigging + BlendTree (using Multi-Position & Multi-Parent Constraint)

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by mrone98, Jan 22, 2023.

1. mrone98

mrone98

Hey there, I am coming here as a last resort for help after days of debugging and trying. I added a character to my unity game that I bought from the asset store. (Avatar is Humanoid and all animations work without an issue)

I created my own 2D Freeform Directional Blendtree with basic animations for every direction walking. (Yes, this happens also without this type of blendtree, or blendtrees at all. I tried it with 1D & basic transitions too.) Any type of Animator state change triggers this behaviour.

I added a Gun (followed various tutorials during debugging process) and used two "Rig"''s, one for the hands and one for the weapon pose. I also show the different used settings in the video, in addition to two different approaches I took to understand the issue (and that make me think it is a bug):

1) As you can see in the video, during blendtree transition, the gun glitches to its 0,0,0 position before glitching back up, also the animation blend is not really smooth.

2) As you can see in the second part of the video, when setting the weight of the Weapon Pose to 0, the hands suddenly throw in the air on transition in blendtree.

(ref_weapon_pivot is at 0,0,0 in edit mode, WeaponPose in RigLayer_WeaponPose is at the desired position and has the two constraints)

Does anyone have an idea what is going wrong here? I am at the end of my knowledge and my enthusiasm to continue my trial and error approach is below zero. Small things like this make me question life.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
    Manuel

Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
  2. mrone98

mrone98

Hey there,

I am still trying but I feel really lost. Here is something I have found out but I am not sure if it is related. I was playing around with Animator and found out that when I change "Base Layer" -> "Blending" from Override to Additive, the character moves really quirky and wrong BUT the Weapon does not swap on transition. Please ignore the other strange things, I am doing trial and error since eternity..

Does that help anyone to help me? Please help me. Even if you just have an idea, let me know. I would love to share my screen or look at it together.

Best,
    Manuel