Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Possible Bug - Joystick Issue w/ Steam Deck

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MegaPowerGames, Sep 2, 2022.

1. MegaPowerGames

MegaPowerGames

Hey there!

Im currently developing a game with Unity and ran across a potential issue with Steam Deck and the 2021 LTS version.

Some time ago, I released a version of my game as a playtest version and built it with a stable version of Unity 2020 LTS and the left joystick controls work fine.

Recently I updated my Unity to 2021 LTS and built a newer version of my game as a demo, but when trying to use the left joystick on the Steam Deck, the game freezes. Note that the left dpad and touchpad are working just fine.

I'm suspecting that there is a difference between Unity 2020 and 2021 LTS that is causing these left thumbstick freezing issues on the Steam Deck.

Happy to provide more info as needed, note that I do not have a Steam Deck Dev kit to debug.

2. MegaPowerGames

MegaPowerGames

Bumping for visibility

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Just so you know, no amount of bumpings will get this fixed.

If it is a bug, then you should file a bug.

That is the ONLY way things change in the Unity engine.

There is only ONE way to file a bug:

Help -> Report a Bug...