Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

possible bug in Unity 5.4.0b17 - 2d side scroller

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by m-brod, May 22, 2016.

1. m-brod

m-brod

New to Unity and a 3d beginner. i'm creating a 2d platformer prototype on a deadline and successfully imported sprites. they have all turned solid magenta in the scene and game previewer (assets are fine in the assets window). i can redo the environment by placing all the assets again and they render fine, but then turn magenta...if i select each magenta sprite in the scene and hit reset in the sprite renderer - they return to their correct state but not for long and the game display is now empty and doesn't preview the scene. Also, as I work, sprites keep turning magenta. if i reset all sprites and save, all sprites turn magenta. I believe this is a bug, it is persistent and repeatable.

sprites are .png's for transparency I need a permanent fix. please explain solutions step-by-step/carefully. just in case it's hardware: I have a Mac: processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2048 MB thank you for any help - using free version. I hope I'm using this forum correctly. apologies if i am not

2. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

I've had this issue due to the default Sprite shader disappearing from the Sprite renderers. Putting it back in fixed the problem for me permanently, but I would think resetting it would do the same...

3. m-brod

m-brod

Putting sprites back in has not helped...did you re-import sprites or just replace in the scene? Replacing in the scene doesn't work for long and the game preview is not working at all. i thought i would rebuild a new project

4. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

I was just talking about the shader, not the actual sprite. When it turns pink it means that Unity isn't recognizing a shader for it.

5. m-brod

m-brod

OH. OK. not sure how to do that. how do you replace/put it back in? BTW: thank you very much for responding =)

6. JasonBricco

JasonBricco

In the Material section of the Sprite Renderer component, make sure it says Sprites-Default (or whatever material you want to use there). This seems to go missing at times for some reason.