Search Unity

Possible Bug in the damping World Up Override..

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by usernameHed, May 13, 2019.

1. usernameHed

usernameHed

Hello, I have a situation.
    My problem is: My camera have a damping on the rotation on the World Up override

Here in the video, I change the position of my player, and we see that the camera has a damping (and I don't want to)

Here is my Camera settings:

And my cinemachine Brain:

The object RotateMesh is my player (who rotate instantly in the game)

Why then, my camera have a damping in this rotation, and how can I prevent that ?

Thanks !

PS: also, I have found that in editor, the World Up rotation does'nt update correctly.
    Here a video where I am in editor, and I change the player position:

(I have created a button "Cam Rotation", who reset the Cinemachine Camera position, so you see the difference between the bugged rotation, and the rotation the camera should have).
    When I press Play, the Cinemachine Camera is at the correct rotation thought.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It seems to be all set correctly, there should be no damping.
    I don't really understand your setup, or why you're using the world up override.
    Is it possible that there is some kind of feedback happening due to parenting? Can you try the experiment of unparenting the Camera and the vcam? Just make them top-level objects. When you do this, does the problem go away?
    Also: do you have any other scripts operating on the Camera or the vcam?

3. usernameHed

usernameHed

My player tilt, and the only way for my to have my camera who follow AND rotate is to set the WorlUp override to the player, so that, if the player tilt, the camera rotate too.

There is no other script unfortunatly, it's seem it's a recurrent problem, here another problem:

Here I have first a camera who follow a Spline, and then: I'am doing a transition for the new Camera I have selected in unity: this Cinemachine Lock Drift 2. The rotation of the transform is not setup correctly at the first frame when activating the new camera
    (What I do: I desactivate the camera who follow the Spline, and activate in the same frame the camera who follow the player, both cameras have no damping, and have the same Priority. The Cinemachine brain have no custom blend, and the default is set to Linear with 0 seconds)

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  4. usernameHed

usernameHed

And Here is a video of Why i want to have a world up override:

The first part of the video: i have no world up override, the rotation up doen't follow my player orientation
    The second part: i have a world up override, set the the player rotation transform.

And here the cinemachineCamera associeted with the video:

5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You don't need world up override. Just change the binding mode in the transposer. You have "Lock To Target With World Up". Instead, use "Lock To Target", and the up with follow the target's up for that vcam. Other vcams wont be affected, and your blending (if any) will work nicely.