Search Unity

Possible Addressables related crashes happening

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by DanielSnd, Dec 23, 2019.

1. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

Hi there,

Since I started using Addressables I've had a way larger report of crashes from my users, specially when loading a new level with many addressables being loaded.

Here's a stack trace of one of those crashes:

Full stack trace:
    https://pastebin.com/MpqsFxta

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Is there something I should do?

My only idea is to have both the old bad system of keeping all objects preloaded in memory (which had my memory usage up to 6gb vs around 3gb with addressables) and the new addressables system side by side so players can choose which to use based on whether they're getting crashes or not (not everyone gets crashes, but the ones who do are getting them pretty consistently)

2. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey @DanielSnd sorry about your crash issues! I'll send this post over for you to see if our team can have a look!

3. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

I kinda figured out a workaround.

It seems that the users that get the crash can get rid of the crashes by reinstalling the game.

My working theory is that Steam isn't quite figuring out how to update the game with the addressable and is somehow messing with people's game installation. Every time someone comes to us now complaining about crashes we tell them to reinstall and they're ok after that.

That's a problem, but at least there is somewhat of a work around.