Search Unity

Feature Request Positive command to launch project

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by SJAll, Dec 19, 2022.

1. SJAll

SJAll

Seems to me a very odd UX choice that simply clicking on a project in my projects list launches an editor instance. Why is there not a more positive control paradigm here - a "launch editor" button?

I see many cases where I would want to select a project, say to get information on it or copy the path or any number of other reasons why I would click on it, even accidentally, but not want the editor to launch.

Especially given how long it takes for an editor to load, and with no way to cancel.

2. Spy-Master

Spy-Master

You can do per project operations with a right click. That being the case, having left click as an extra step to open a new pane or anything would be superfluous. Do you have concrete examples of what else you would want to do for a project? I can see copying the path, which would be a good additional context menu item, but getting the explorer or finder window and using the appropriate shortcuts to copy the path from there is not so bad.
    There’s also precedent in the code editors (vsc, vs, rider) being single click to open projects.