Search Unity

Positional Tracking not working

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Riyko174, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Riyko174

Riyko174

I'm trying to get an object showing on a mid air plane and using device positional tracking to be able to move around the object in 3d space when i build to my phone. I've built the ground plane demo and run it on my phone and the mid air positional tracking works exactly like i expect it to giving 6dof. However when i build my own project and run it i only have 3dof. I've had both projects open side by side comparing settings and i can't see anything that would be causing issues. In my project i have the Vuforia Behaviour on my camera set to device tracking, device tracking is on and set to positional in the config. Is there anything else that can make a difference between 3dof and 6dof?

2. Riyko174

Riyko174

After experimenting a bit and taking another look over the ground plane example i think i've solved it but could use some confirmation. I could only get 6dof for a mid air object if there was already a ground plane being tracked. Is this how mid air tracking is supposed to work? I was expecting to be able to use mid air tracking without using a ground plane

3. Skywolf829

Skywolf829

Just started working with the new Vuforia release today to test ground plane and mid air tracking. I've only had success from creating a ground plane tracker. When I try the mid air tracking, the example green ball doesn't show up, and tapping the screen doesn't leave my content.