Search Unity

Position/Rotation Tracking not working for DK2 on Mac Sierra

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by KeithKong, Aug 2, 2017.

1. KeithKong

KeithKong

I'm aware Mac is currently off the radar for Oculus but my understanding is that development is still possible. I had my DK2 working with an older MacBook Pro and a version of Unity before the built in VR support was added but I've upgraded and want to do things properly.

I'm now using a DK2 running Oculus SDK 0.5.0.1, Unity 2017.1.0f3, with a MacBook Pro (Intel HD Graphics 630, Radeon Pro 560).

So far almost everything is working. The RiftConfigUtil demo scene tracks head rotation and position. Unity detects the Oculus and displays the two eyes. But the Unity editor and subsequent builds don't track any HMD movement (rotation or position).

VR Support is checked in Unity and I've tried using the OVRCameraRig prefab as well as a bare bones camera set to target both eyes. I've also tried with and without mirrored displays. In all cases the camera displays properly and wobbles a little when I move the Rift around... but tracking is completely absent and the wobble always goes right back to front facing.

Is there anyway to get this working or is my setup unsupported? If so what do I need to change?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. KeithKong

KeithKong

Tried using the SteamVR libraries and running their vrmonitor program to see if that worked but the whole thing was a mess of errors. Eventually got a compile going but ran into the same exact problem using their camera prefabs and who knows if it's because of my changes or not.

I feel like I'm so close. The wobble makes me think Unity is at least getting gyro/accelerometer data from the DK2 (it wobbles with the direction of shake, I think it's the timewarp effect). My only other thought is to bootcamp Windows for the time being and I'd really rather not partition this laptop :/

Please, any ideas for making this work?

3. KeithKong

KeithKong

One small thing I noticed, pressing a key or clicking doesn't dismiss the warning message inside the oculus. I have to wait for it to disappear. Does this by any chance indicate something I'm missing?

4. alit87

alit87

Hi Keith, I'm having the same issue, did you find any solution?

5. KeithKong

KeithKong

No solution found but for the non-solution of using bootcamp. It's a shame since the darn thing is completely functional in Sierra otherwise.

6. sergiobd

sergiobd

I'm having the same issue. Following...

7. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

DK2 is extremely old, maybe get a CV1?