Search Unity

Portrait Orientation?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by hosepha, Jun 30, 2014.

1. hosepha

hosepha

Does anyone know if its possible to force the orientation of the display in PSM? Trying to test out a portrait game and can't get it display correctly!

Thanks!

2. PeterD

PeterD

I'm not sure the vita even has a concept of landscape left, landscape right, portrait left and portrait right.

Given the physical controls those orientations would make no sense. However, having said that. Have you checked the screen.orientation call in unity to if that works?

3. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

You may have to physical make it sideways in Unity, for it to be sideways on the Vita, awkward indeed ^_^

4. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    As PeterD says, the PS Vita doesn't have the concept of screen orientation (landscape vs. portrait).

The only way to accomplish something like a portrait game is to actually render it with a camera rotated 90degrees.
    Since this can be a bit awkward / unintuitive for the end-user, the games I've seen using 'portrait style' gameplay (like LittleBigPlanet IIRC) has a 'tutorial' screen showing the end-user how to rotate the device prior to the actual game.

5. hosepha

hosepha

Sorry for the slow replies everyone and thanks for your quick ones! I suspected that this might be the case, just wanted to check. I'm probably not going to attempt to build the project sideways, I think it might prove too awkward to play anyway!