Search Unity

Porting to Quest with SteamVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Reshh_, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Reshh_

Reshh_

Unity version 2018.2.11f1
    So I have a game that I have been developing since August 2018. I want to port it over to the Oculus Quest, however I don't have much of a clue on where to start.

Using the SteamVR integration I have got the game running on the Vive and Rift, but after following this video

I have only managed to get a scene working where my the headset tracks as if it only has 3 DOF and no there is controller tracking. This is probably because I am still using the Camerarig from SteamVR rather than the OVRPlayerController. (Following the video and using OVR, I do get 6DOF but incorrect tracking on the controllers)

Anyone have any tips on how to properly port over to the Quest(without having to rewrite all my code to support OVR)?

2. pocketmikey

pocketmikey

I would also very much like to know if this is possible. The Oculus Integration package from the Unity Asset Store is horrible--the teleport feature is extremely glitchy, the demos aren't that good, and there's not a lot of documentation out there.

3. Akshara

Akshara

Unless something has changed recently, if one is targeting the Oculus platform (the Quest does not officially support Steam) then all SteamVR code needs to be removed from the project in order to be approved by Oculus. So if you're serious about building for the Quest, and would like for Oculus to accept your game, then you're going to have to use either the Oculus sdk or Unity XR. Sorry man.

4. BitJunkie

BitJunkie

Do you have a source on that? I couldn't find anything on a quick google and that's a very big deal. Valve has quite a few libraries that could be useful.

5. NewMagic-Studio

NewMagic-Studio