Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Porting iOS 7 JoyStick support to be compatible with Android Gamepad/JoyStick

Discussion in 'Android' started by Shbli, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Shbli

Shbli

Hi!

I got a lot of requests from my Android players requesting me to add GamePad android controller support, anyone can point me to the documentation or the exact button codes?

Currently I use all the available buttons on iOS 7 controller, including both right and left stick, right and left triggers (1 only), A, B, X, Y and the arrows.

Also one more thing, is there a universal android controller? Or do I have to code for a few, if yes how can I differentiate between the different ones?

I do not own one, but I suppose mapping the keys is pretty simple and I'm looking to let my android players do the testing and report back, but I need a guideline to start with, for example there's this for iOS:

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/iphone-joystick.html

I'm trying to find something similar!

Thank you.

unityunity