Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join us on Thursday, September 29, for a day with Unity's SRP teams here on the forum or on Reddit, and discuss topics around URP, HDRP, and the Scriptable Render Pipeline in general.
    Dismiss Notice

[Portfolio projet] "The lair ". Forest environment

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Nova-Shade, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

Hi ! I simply wanted to share the progression of some personal project.
    I wanted to create a small environment with a little of storytelling.

Key points :
    - It's in a forest during night time with a foggy ambiance. The visual result is aimed at being believable and realist.
    - The project is using exclusively pre-made assets such as from Megascan. I will not be modelling or texturing this time, it's a composition and rendering exercise.
    - There is a camera post process used called "VHS pro" that you can find on the store. It helped me achieve this life-like visual camera aspect.
    - I used the gyroscope of my smartphone to give the camera movements some credibility

Moodboard :
    3 pictures that summarize the global mood before production

And finally the short video of the the den inside the forest made in Unity 2020, with some ambient sounds :

There will be some kind of "prologue" where the scene is just at the exterior of the woods, with the sky night still visible and no torch light, I will update the thread soon.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    polemical, Ex-Crow and PlanarBit like this.
  2. Ex-Crow

Ex-Crow

Saw the vid on reddit, it looks and sounds amazing but the YouTube video you've linked here on the forums is not viewable for me. Says I haven't been granted permission by the owner of the video.

3. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

Thank you ! it has been fixed

4. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

Looks really nice!

What asset/library did you use to do this? "I used the gyroscope of my smartphone to give the camera movements some credibility"

5. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

imaginationrabbit likes this.
  6. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

7. koirat

koirat

Looks cool, almost got scared.
    Can you make a pure HD video ?

8. ROYALTYSTUDIO

ROYALTYSTUDIO

For only 10 seconds of video, looked pretty cool!
    The camera movements are pre-animated or scripted?
    Not sure of the right terminology to be used but very creepy & believable!

9. Nova-Shade

Nova-Shade

I use my phone's gyroscope to use it as a camera. Felt like I was filming in blair witch.

polemical likes this.
unityunity