Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Portal game in Unity 3D

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ggappleid, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Roachie

Roachie

So this works on iphone ?

2. ggappleid

ggappleid

Yes, i tried it on iPad2 and it works well, but you need rewrite all shaders. For example shader that cut a part of object do not work, but other looks nice. Also you could optimize meshes

3. Mold

Mold

Omg cool

4. RSH1

RSH1

Does this require Unity Pro?

5. Mauri

Mauri

The Portalizer package needs Unity Pro. Since this is (i guess) also in the game project implemented, you'll definitively need Unity Pro.

6. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM !!

Now that's a whole lot of copyright infringement right there!

:D

7. RSH1

RSH1

I'm guessing it uses the render to texture feature of pro

8. CazicThule

CazicThule

Would anyone who managed to write shaders that work for iPhone mind sharing them please?

9. Nemox

Nemox

Cool, I've been considering making something like this as well.

10. Banksy

Banksy

Hi,

I recently purchased Portalizer asset for Unity4 Pro.

I have two portals setup .. but afeter entering portal A the ball will not come through portal B even though I have removed anything from behind each portal.. (no collision objects)

My game is a simple rolling ball style that uses an augmented camera (Vuforia camera )

I have setup two portals. I can see the mirror effect in each portal... but when my ball enters Portal "A" it suddenly changes material to pink colour then flies off on a strange axis.

I have followed the Portalizer Readme file. also run the Portalizer example scenes.. they work fine. So I am thinking because I have a special script attached to the ball that changes gravity because of the augmented reality camera. This might be affecting the the object as it enters the portal.

I am hoping someone can look at the script and maybe be able to counter act the change in gravity...

Here is an example of the gravity script applied to the ball object.

void Start () {
    //CameraDevice.Instance.StopAutoFocus();
    if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft) {
    Debug.Log ("LEFT");

} else if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.LandscapeRight ) {
    Debug.Log ("RIGHT");
    } else if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.Portrait ) {
    Debug.Log ("PORTRAIT");
    }
    }

void FixedUpdate () {

//CameraDevice.Instance.StopAutoFocus();
    if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.LandscapeLeft) {
    Physics.gravity = new Vector3 (Input.acceleration.y * grav , -Input.acceleration.x * grav , -Input.acceleration.z * grav);
    } else if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.LandscapeRight ) {
    Physics.gravity = new Vector3 (-Input.acceleration.y * grav , Input.acceleration.x * grav , -Input.acceleration.z * grav);
    } else if (Screen.orientation == ScreenOrientation.Portrait ) {
    Physics.gravity = new Vector3 (Input.acceleration.x * grav , Input.acceleration.y * grav , -Input.acceleration.z * grav);
    }

note: I am building to iPad2.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  11. Zebron123

Zebron123

Dude, please fix the continue button in the pause menu. I restarts the level, not resuming it.

12. Gogin

Gogin

Nice!

13. C.L.

C.L.

I think you should make sure to tile the wall,floor,and ceiling textures correctly. (I'm talking about the online version here.) I also think you should also align the edges of the walls with the lines of the tile textures so it doesn't look like a rookie made it. With that,I think you should have a more linear design when it comes to walls,floors,and ceilings. And,you know how an object touches or goes through the portal and it turns bright? I think it should be fixed,too. Another thing: you know how you try to look through an infinite loop and you only see the other portal as blank? I think it should also be where you can see a full infinite loop. I also think you should have the tractor beam where you can switch it to red and it pulls you. I also think you should use more normal maps and bump maps. I even think that when you die,you should be able to look around for a bit. Other than all that,it's a pretty good game. Nice the way you have it peaceful. Also,the peaceful music,I love it! Keep it clean now.
    Also,the link's broken or something. Please fix it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  14. C.L.

C.L.

I also think we should be able to go outside in the bonus level. I even think we should be able to crouch when we push ctrl. That could be the most important feature.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015