Search Unity

Port Vive game to Oculus

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Eiseno, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Eiseno

Eiseno

Hi i want port my vive game to oculus touch.Can i use same code with Open VR or should i use oculus sdk ?

Best Regards

2. plmx

plmx

I am just facing the same issue. I use the SteamVR plugin (1.1.1) for my room-scale Vive game, and now want to port to touch.

When simply keeping all settings as they are and connecting the Rift instead of the Vive, it "mostly" works:

- Overall tracking of movement and controllers works.
    - Grip and trigger buttons work, too.

But:

- There seems to be no way to react to the menu button on the Touch nor to the Y and B buttons.
    - Buttons X and A register as "App Menu".
    - Haptic feedback is not working.

If anyone has any insights into how to get this working, please share!!

Also keep in mind that the normal touch set comes without a third camera. This means that as soon as people turn 180° the body will block touch controllers tracking, which is fairly annoying; so what we probably'll have to do is implement some sort of "turn-by-trackstick" logic...

Phil

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  3. stanislavdol

stanislavdol

Hey, we are facing the same issue, did you figure it out?

4. plmx

plmx

If you are talking about using OpenVR, and the SteamVR plugin in Unity, then yes, that is working now. It was an issue with an older OpenVR version (and potentially also the SteamVR plugin version in Unity, I don' recall).

The buttons still have different mappings, which you just need to adjust in your code. I've listed our mapping in this thread.

There is no adjustment necessary for haptic rumble, it "just works".

scvnathan likes this.