Search Unity

Pop-up windows closing unexpectedly (bug?)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FiveXGames, May 25, 2020.

1. FiveXGames

FiveXGames

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help me. (Unity 2019.3.14)

I'm having a weird and annoying problem and I'm not sure if anyone else is having a similar issue or what can be causing it.

When I open a pop-up (E.g selecting a texture in a material), I try to click on the new value, but Unity recognizes the click in the below window and closes the pop-up.

This is making Unity a big big pain, anyone knows if it's a bug or knows how to help me?

2. dmenefee

dmenefee

This has been reported by other as well, and I have seen it too. One poster suggested moving the popup so it no longer occludes either the scene or game panel as a workaround. I haven’t tried that yet, but it might work. Please check the bug reporter for an existing report and add one if none is present, and add your observation concerning mouse capture in the occluded window.

FiveXGames likes this.
  3. FiveXGames

FiveXGames

Thanks for answering! , you gave me the motivation to try to find a solution again.

After this last attempt. I think I managed to find a solution if you go to edit -> preferences -> general -> "interaction mode" change "default" with "Monitor Refresh Rate" (close and open Unity) the bug will happen 1/50 times instead of 8/10 times which is a great improvement, and now I can use the curves!

I also post a comment in the bug associated in the bug tracker. It seems solve in the 2020 version...

jniac and dmenefee like this.
  4. Grelle

Grelle

2020.2.1f1 - bug is still there, OMG how it is annoying =\
    And your solution stop working )= Thank you, at least on 2019 I worked comfortable.