Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pooly - Professional Pooling System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sharkyro, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Nandorand

Nandorand

I also hope that function to spawn prefabs in root of the scene which I requested here will also be added. At least programmatically.

2. Lab618

Lab618

I agree. As someone who doesn't code, its ease of use has been invaluable to me. It worked well with Playmaker in my last game and in my current project it's working well with Bolt, so far.

3. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

How can I use pooly with world streamer. I have been watching the videos to see if it will help figure it out. The problem I am having setting it up is that , when you are in the editor setting up the terrains you are only in one scene with 1024 pieces of terrain. Then when you use world streamer to create the scenes , it turns all those chunks into there own scenes. On top of that the objects are also broke down into virtual grids and placed into there own scenes too. So when the game is built I have one main scene that has all the main items in it ( Player, UI, Enviro, Inventory ) then I have a whole set of scenes that just have terrain on them, and then another set of scenes with small objects, and yet another with large objects. then world streamer manages whats all to spawn in as you move across the map.

Has any one here used pooly with World Streamer, and if so can you help me out a bit, thanks.

4. castor76

castor76

Hi. I am trying the latest version of Pooly, but I can see a lots of assets inside Resources folder, like fonts etc.. What happened? This is clearly not the way to go? I don't want the game to include all those assets used by Pooly! I can at least see one instance of Resources folder under the plugins...

5. Lab618

Lab618

Unfortunately, I think you're stuck with the way things are. It seems the asset has been abandoned by the developer. It's a shame, as it's one of the best assets I've ever bought.

6. BjoUnity3d

BjoUnity3d

When I switch scenes, Pooly is in Don't Destroy On Load, but that's not what I want. I don't want the pooled objects to remain in memory when I switch scenes. Any ideas? Thanks!

7. fire1991man

fire1991man

where can i download Pooly guys?

8. Lab618

Lab618

You can't. The developers abandoned it and it's been deprecated.

9. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

Sometimes my PoolyDespawner timer doesn't trigger.

This seems to be related to when the original spawner is deactivated/despawned, any spawned children are not despawned with their timers, even though they are separate game objects.

Has anyone experienced that?