Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

--PolyWorld-- Low Poly Toolkits and More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QuantumTheory, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider purchasing prefab PolyWorld scenes, crafted by me, and published in the store?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2015.
  1. Yes, only if they are budgeted for performance, utilize existing packages, and have enough variety.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No, I just want new packs.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Yes, you have control over how many chunks it creates and how low poly those chunks can be. The maximum resolution of the terrain is dictated by how high res the Unity terrain is. You can convert the terrain 1 to 1, or reduce it.

2. AntLewis

AntLewis

Thanks for the response - do you have any screenshots/videos you can share of a Unity terrain that's been converted to low poly?

3. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Of course! Some are on the Woodland page in the asset store but here is the one that you want:

4. tork12

tork12

Hello, I just picked up the Vistas package. I get a really hard shadow that moves with my player. I've tried turning off post processing, played with the mesh lighting settings, etc. Unity 2019.4 URP. Can you think of any way to stop this from happening? shadowproblem.PNG

5. pryankster

pryankster

I hate to post me-too, but I have the same issue (also using URP) -- it seems to be related to shadow bias? -- would love to know how to solve it.

Also: Does polyworld support terrain holes?
    (EDIT: I think I have added holes support ... In QT_PolyWorldTerrain.cs, around line 376, I added this:

Code (CSharp):
    2.                         var hole = terrainData.IsHole((int)XHeightIndex, (int)ZHeightIndex);
    3.                         if (hole) {
    4.                             Debug.Log($"Hole at ({XOffset}, {ZOffset}) ({XHeightIndex},{ZHeightIndex})");
    5.                             continue;
    6.                         }
    I'm not sure how it plays with LOD or the rest of the system, but it seems to stop generation of quads in the place where I've painted holes!

-- pryankster

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
unityunity