Search Unity

--PolyWorld-- Low Poly Toolkits and More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QuantumTheory, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider purchasing prefab PolyWorld scenes, crafted by me, and published in the store?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2015.
  1. Yes, only if they are budgeted for performance, utilize existing packages, and have enough variety.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No, I just want new packs.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. RANUCE

RANUCE

Im planning on buying PolyWorld , but Im confuse about the 2 : Woodland and Ancient East.
    Ancient East show : Exclusive Modify Color options , but I dont see that on Woodland.
    Also : They both have the same functionality/options?...
    Any help please?.... thanks

2. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

You can find a product comparison at http://www.qt-ent.com/polyworld/

Both have the same scripts, except Ancient East has the additional ModifyColor script.

3. RANUCE

RANUCE

Thank you very much for answer - I will get AE !

4. Damo9000

Damo9000

How do you create Faceted Skyboxes!? Ive been trying to figure this out to no avail! I would like to convert some SpaceScape created space skyboxes to this faceted look! Can anyone assist!

5. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The faceted skyboxes I made were done in a 3d authoring tool like 3D Studio Max. If you have 3dsmax, I can walk you through the process, or I can make them for you. Email me at support@qt-ent.com

6. RANUCE

RANUCE

I need some help please. I buy the Polyworld Package. And Im trying to use one of the assets from the Package on my Project, in this case is : Prefab-BuildingA-Ext_A , and what I want to do is CHANGE the Colors of the building.
    But everytime I add Component : QT_Modify Color , it ask me for an Meshfilter or SkinnedMeshRenderer, because the
    building does not contain a mesh. Im very confuse (I know my knowledge is very small), but Im trying and cant find a solution for this. What Asset I have to use to include a building on my Project?....a Prefab?....a Mesh?.... any help please would be awesome, how I say, I just want to understand the procedures to use the Polyworld Assets on my Projects...and to be able to change the Color with my own colors......also...after changing some Colors on the building....my Building just dissappear from screen........thanks......

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  7. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Your meshes must have a collider and must be a prefab before ModifyColor will work. Once you make the prefab, select the gameobject that has the mesh within that prefab and add the ModifyColor script to it. It will work then.

8. RANUCE

RANUCE

Perfect - working perfect -thanks!!

9. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

At the risk of being a little bit spammy, here is a video tutorial showing Gaia, Gena and Polyworld all working together to create awesome low poly environments. The combination of these tools working together is incredibly powerful !! :)

Grab 20161226170135 w1920h909 x-80y65z-203r72.jpg

Grab 20161226170548 w1920h909 x17y75z-85r199.jpg

P_Jong, frbrz and HenryChinaski like this.
  10. TheTaj

TheTaj

Unfortunately the 'Surface Noise' script does not seem to be functioning for me. I get the error message "No camera found for SurfaceNoise" and the mesh doesn't move whatsoever.
    I'm running Unity 5.4.2 for the Google Daydream.

11. Tibor-Udvari

Tibor-Udvari

I'm also getting the same "No camera found for SurfaceNoise" error. The example scene seems to be working, but when I try to create a new one using the video as an example, it seems to be not working with the error I mentioned earlier.

12. Tibor-Udvari

Tibor-Udvari

I found that it works if I set the camera manually in debug mode, I feel this should not be necessary though. I still don't have it working in all use cases.

13. immeasurability

immeasurability

done

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  14. Zymes

Zymes

If I paint with the standard asset textures and update colors, where is the color data stored for the meshes?

When I build my game, will there be a performance difference / memory usage difference if I make my own textures that are just one color vs using the standard textures or will it not matter in the end? Because I assume the source terrain and textures is not included in the final build.

I also want to draw flat roads on top of the low poly surface that follows the terrain. How would I do this? Something like this: http://pre06.deviantart.net/c424/th/pre/f/2015/312/0/5/053716102d3fccdcc86b0f7ae6ddd35e-d9fxztj.png

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  15. Zymes

Zymes

It would also be nice if you can make meshes like this:
    http://imgur.com/a/LUb6x

I tried the biggest quad size but I can't quite get that effect.

Maybe it is possible with the correct terrain?

16. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

Hey, one small question.

I get this error when I try to convert a prefab, consisting out of over hundred direct child objects:

I think I converted even more complex models before, but on the other hand, the conversion of the model child by child seems to work. Though I havent tried every individual child of course. Is there a limit of child objects, regarding number and/or levels?

17. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

Does anyone else also can't use the converter tools anymore with the newest version?

This is my error:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTextureInternal (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, UnityEngine.Material mat, ScaleMode scaleMode, Single imageAspect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:4984)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, UnityEngine.Material mat, ScaleMode scaleMode, Single imageAspect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorGUIBindings.gen.cs:1006)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorGUIBindings.gen.cs:1001)
    QT_ConvertMesh.OnGUI () (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_ConvertMesh.cs:64)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I think I was on the previous version before, but I am not entirely sure.

18. Porto881

Porto881

I´m starting a brand new project soon and will be using Unity 5.6, will this asset work with 5.6?

19. st0le

st0le

Hello,

I'm trying to polying a basic skeleton but it gets some errors in Shader (_Color or _MainTex) I tried with different shaders but it only works with flat colors or standar shader.

I tried with different skeletons and other characters but it gets the same error always.

What shader I should use to do it properly?

Cheers

20. Coltenney

Coltenney

Not sure if this is the place to ask a question to OP, as it seems they haven't been active here in a little while. But I was wondering how well this would work with realtime deformation of a voxel terrain (ie using Voxeland asset). A few years ago on this forum is was stated that the generation was too slow for realtime editing. What about now, as I know improvements have been made.

Thanks.

21. HenryChinaski

HenryChinaski

This Asset still doesnt work for me.

Unity 5.6.0f3

EDIT: ok, sorry. False alarm. The error doesnt occur in a fresh project.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  22. Intrawebs

Intrawebs

I've circled from Unity3D to Unreal Engine and back, mainly back because of Poly World. In Unreal you can get the flat geometry with their landscapes using some material hacks that work, but, painting is not done by vertex so you get tris that are multiple colors vs. flat like Poly World.

I have two questions?

1. Are there any plans to generate additional LOD's, say maybe up to 3 or 4? Cant see needing more than that since LOD0 is low enough anyway.
    2. What tips do you have for building/streaming a large worlds? I see you have some culling built in which helps with visibility, but not necessarily memory/cpu.

23. DecayGame

DecayGame

Hey i'm using this asset with the poly shader and it looks fine in build. But then it looks like this when its exported.

24. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

I second this. I'm wondering about compatibility with Voxeland.

25. Ramulos

Ramulos

Ive used Gaia to create a terrain and then converted it using the Polyworld Mesh Converter. This ends up removing the textures from the terrain. Some other assets I use like Crux or CTS both use texture detection to know which biome your in and then do their thing. Anyone managed to use any of those two tools with the converted Polyworld mesh? Is there any way to keep those textures attached to the terrain and maybe not show them?

26. Mostach_io

Mostach_io

Hello!

I'm currently working on game using polyworld.
    I recently move to Linux (Manjaro 17.0.2 Xfce) and tried unity.
    I encountered a bug with polyworld terrain. The generation of chunks is fine, working great!
    But polyworld won't apply the material. The "update Color" button didn't work too.

I link sreenshots of the errors in unity.

I don't know if you could fix the bug or not but at least you will know it exists.
    I have a tool to assign a material on multiple objects so it's not a huge problem.

thx

27. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

I have some assets that I want to use to create mobile games. But these assets are very heavy and don't work well on mobile because the game becomes very slow. If I use Polyworld, I can convert these assets to a poly form that will reduce tris count?

28. Ramulos

Ramulos

in my experience no it wont reduce tris count. Sometimes even increases it depending on the mesh. Its more of a tool for style not performance. The tool itself performs well, just not meant for improving game performance.

29. tieum67

tieum67

Hello,

I tried to reach you through the e-mail support but i didnt get an answer... So here s my question, again : some prefabs cannot be converted by polyworld mesh converter ; i get this error "gameobject is not a prefab"; but actually it s a prefab. So what can i do ?

30. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I responded to someone earlier and never got a reply.

Anyways, I'll need a copy of your prefab, source mesh, and material sent to support@qt-ent.com. Also supply your invoice number. I can't diagnose much in the forum.

31. Winseral

Winseral

Hi,
    I have just purchased Polyworld Woodland, The asset does what is said, but I think it is not the right asset for my game.

What is the best way to get a refund?

Thanks

32. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Email me at support@qt-ent.com with your invoice number and I'll try to help!

33. totallylegitunicorn

totallylegitunicorn

Is there anyway to have the asset uploaded without hard coded paths or at least name the folder after the asset names instead of under the company name? Example: Polyworld/Woodland. I understand this is a nitpick thing but for larger projects, having a folder name that isn't readily identifiable makes things difficult. Our team typically don't recall company names vs what the asset name is. Thanks!

34. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Yes. You can take the folder and put it anywhere. The image references for the scripts aren't hardcoded.

35. Yishi_

Yishi_

Can the PolyWorld WoodlandToolkit support Unity version 2017.2 and above?

36. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Of course!

37. lost086

lost086

Hi, when I use the PloyWorld terrain script an error happened hundred of times and the final result is without color or texture as you can see in the image attached.

Error:
    Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32, BGRA32, RGB24, Alpha8, RGBAFloat, RGBAHalf or one of supported compressed formats.
    UnityEngine.Texture2D:GetPixel(Int32, Int32)
    QT_PolyWorldTerrain:GenerateBaseMap(Int32, Texture2D[], Single[,,]) (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Scripts/QT_PolyWorldTerrain.cs:100)
    QT_PolyWorldTerrain:RenderVertexColors(GameObject[]) (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Scripts/QT_PolyWorldTerrain.cs:679)
    QT_PolyWorldTerrain:GeneratePolyWorldTerrain(GameObject, Int32) (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Scripts/QT_PolyWorldTerrain.cs:661)
    QT_PolyWorldTerrainEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_PolyWorldTerrainEditor.cs:122)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Regards

Attached Files:

38. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Could it be that you're using an unsupported texture format?

39. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The debug log says it all. More specifically, don't use a JPG texture in your list of terrain textures you paint.

40. lost086

lost086

Hmm but I'm using PW_GroundDirt and PW_Rock that comes in the package in the textures folder. The same happen when I update color in the given scene... I'm using Unity 2017.2 btw

41. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The other issue is that you're probably set to ios build mode. Set the player mode to Standalone.

The reason this is happening is that Unity is looking for mipmaps in the textures. Some build modes, namely ios, store mips in a different way and aren't accessible by Unity.

I'll still look into the issue with that version

42. lost086

lost086

Yes, I'm working with iOS build mode, I'm going to change and let you know!

43. lost086

lost086

It was that, it's working now. You should totaly add that to the known issues or Q&A section of your site.

Thanks a lot!

P_Jong and JoeStrout like this.
  44. TheGamby

TheGamby

Hello, I try to convert prefabs with the PolyWorld Mesh Converter and get the folowing error:

NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ShaderBindings.gen.cs:254)
    QT_ConvertMesh.CreateMasterMaterial (System.String folderPath, System.String matName) (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_ConvertMesh.cs:1196)
    QT_ConvertMesh.ConvertMesh (UnityEngine.GameObject WorkingGO, UnityEngine.GameObject[] MeshGOs, UnityEngine.MeshFilter[] MFs, UnityEngine.MeshRenderer[] MRs, UnityEngine.SkinnedMeshRenderer[] SMRs) (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_ConvertMesh.cs:370)
    QT_ConvertMesh.OnGUI () (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_ConvertMesh.cs:159)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

I tryed it with several prefabs from with "TaD - Sewer Kit",but also with other prefabs.

I use "PolyWorld: Woodland Low Poly Toolkit" with "Unity 2017.3.1f1"

45. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Something failed miserably with a shader binding or something.. Lovely. I'll look into this asap! Thanks! In the meantime,please send your invoice number to support@qt-ent.com

46. P_Jong

P_Jong

@QuantumTheory are there plans to upgrade some of the store assets to the Lightweight Render Pipeline for VR (LWRP)? I know that would be a big undertaking. But if you do have plans to upgrade to the LWRP is this something that will be done in 2018 or early 2019?
    Our current VR game in development is using Unity 2018.2 and LWRP. We had hoped to use many of the PolyWorld assets with the LWRP. But right now that's just not possible. So knowing the roadmap for PolyWorld would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

47. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I'll take a look this week and see what's required. I don't think it will be as heavy as other assets to convert.

twobob and P_Jong like this.
  48. P_Jong

P_Jong

The ones I'm using right now are Polyworld: Woodland Low Poly Toolkit, and PolyWorld:Ancient East Low Poly Toolkit. Thanks for taking a look. Hope its not too hard.

twobob likes this.
  49. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Ok. All polyworlds are updated but it may take some time to go live in the store.

The Lightweight SRP shaders are in the PolyWorld/Shaders folder. It's a package. Just double click on it to extract everything. You'll have to manually switch your current materials to use the new SRP ones.

P_Jong and twobob like this.
  50. RSH1

RSH1

The LOD settings aren't persisting. After I change 'LOD 1' and 'Cull' values, they default back to 0.7 and 0.1 after I reload the scene.