Search Unity

--PolyWorld-- Low Poly Toolkits and More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by QuantumTheory, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Would you consider purchasing prefab PolyWorld scenes, crafted by me, and published in the store?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2015.
  1. Yes, only if they are budgeted for performance, utilize existing packages, and have enough variety.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No, I just want new packs.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I'm not sure what you are asking. No high poly model is required. Any game-ready model with a diffuse texture can be used.

PolyWorld: Ancient East has the ModifyColor component which allows you do do custom color application. Otherwise it's best to just edit the diffuse texture and reconvert.

2. ina

ina

I mean is it possible to generate a resulting low-poly fbx? i..e, be able to delete the original fbx/model

Any chance you'd include this vertex color editing tool for Woodland?

3. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

PolyWorld doesn't reduce triangles of the model. It manipulates the vertex normals to make models appear faceted.

There are no plans to do so.

4. ina

ina

Is there a preview or video of the vertex color editing tool? Trying to evaluate whether I should purchase Ancient East just for that tool!

5. ina

ina

Is there a way to read from the vertex normals to generate a faceted mesh? I'm running into a problem where my scenes are crashing on mobile, likely due to mesh density.

6. ina

ina

Also, having some issues getting the vertexlit shader to bake to texture...

Code (CSharp):
    1.         texBaked = new Texture2D (512,512);
    3.         MeshFilter mf = goBakeMe.GetComponent<MeshFilter> ();
    4.         Mesh mesh = mf.mesh;
    5.         for(int i=0;i<mesh.vertices.Length;i++){
    6.             Vector2 uv = mesh.uv[i];
    7.             Color color = mesh.colors[i];
    8.             int minx = Mathf.FloorToInt (uv.x * 512); int maxx = Mathf.CeilToInt (uv.x*512);
    9.             int miny = Mathf.FloorToInt (uv.y * 512); int maxy = Mathf.CeilToInt (uv.y*512);
    10.             for(int a=minx;a<=maxx;a++){
    11.                 for(int b=miny;b<=maxy;b++){
    12.                     texBaked.SetPixel (a,b,color);
    13.                 }
    14.             }
    15.         }

7. ina

ina

Issues with Unity 5.2.2 with PolyWorld Woodland 2.0. Import in clean project with nothing but woodland. Everything works the first time but after crashing, these errors keep occur:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTextureInternal (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, UnityEngine.Material mat, ScaleMode scaleMode, Single imageAspect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:4658)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image, UnityEngine.Material mat, ScaleMode scaleMode, Single imageAspect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorGUIBindings.gen.cs:750)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUI.DrawPreviewTexture (Rect position, UnityEngine.Texture image) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorGUIBindings.gen.cs:745)
    QT_ConvertMesh.OnGUI () (at Assets/Quantum Theory/Polyworld/Editor/QT_ConvertMesh.cs:60)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

8. ina

ina

Also, the polyworld/woodland Mesh Converter still fails for objects with multiple materials (multi-part materials in 3ds max parlance)

9. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

You've too many support requests. Email support@qt-ent.com with your invoice number to receive support.

10. fastbomb

fastbomb

First off, I really dig your work @QuantumTheory! I was hoping this product would handle decimation but it is a very valuable asset as it is.

I was wondering, if anyone else has experienced a nauseating feeling when trying the demos? I am not sure what is causing the ill effects. It might be bloom, camera height versus environment scale or LOD.

@QuantumTheory would it be possible to see a demo without any post effects? The Faster Performance Ancient East is by far the easiest on my eyes. Has anyone spoke to you about this before?

Is the LOD shifting as you move through the environments? Is it only on certain objects or every object at a shared distance? Or was this effect accomplished with blur? Maybe it is the chromatic aberration that is bugging me. I wish there was a list of every post effect being used.

I guess that my eyes are used to choosing what to focus on.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! I would love to purchase this product for my project.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Whoa. That's a first. Sorry you're not feeling comfortable viewing the demo. There is a color remapping, bloom, and vignette in the woodland demo. I don't use vignetting in the Ancient East demo, so maybe that is causing it?

LODs are used in Ancient East and they are changing as you walk. Woodland doesn't have LODs. Chromatic Aberration isn't used in either demo.

When you purchase either pack, post effects are not included so you may feel differently after you play with the scenes.

12. auroxi

auroxi

Hi,

Could you please give me some advice on how I can use unity terrain tree placer to place polyworld woodland trees? Due to the rotation being weird, whenever you place a tree, it is flat on the ground due to not respecting the -90 rotation on the X axis.

I can see you have used a parent gameobject as the quick way to get around the rotation but this is no good when using any mass tree placement tool as the parent gameobject must have a mesh renderer.

Would it be possible to get the tree mesh rotations fixed for the next update and the parent gameobjects removed?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  13. Deadlyapples

Deadlyapples

Anyone have tips on making a shader / material to use with PolyWorld as I have tried making Shader Forge material and using it but it is just pitch black haha. ANy help would be great!

14. fastbomb

fastbomb

@QuantumTheory thanks for the speedy reply. I am definitely going to try out a pack in the New Year. All the Best & Happy Holidays!

15. fastbomb

fastbomb

Do your objects have UV's and Textures assigned?

16. LouenZT

LouenZT

@QuantumTheory Hi there, great pack of assets / scripts over all, they've been extremely useful for the project I'm doing right now. I'm having trouble with one the features though.

Most of the time, I can't seem to get QT_SurfaceNoise to work properly. (Trying to get some water to move).
    I've followed the instructions from the tutorial videos and still I have several problems.

1- No matter what I do, as soon as I press play on the editor, the Wave Type always gets reset to Medium Opposite, I can't use any of the others. I can try them, by changing them at runtime, but if I do it while not in runtime, as soon as I start the game, bam, it gets reset.
    2- Even testing at runtime (different wave types) most of the time, they seem to break the geometry, I mean, you can see the cracks between the different meshes, it's as if it was animating every mesh individually instead of as a group.

Any tips with this problems? Perhaps there's something I didn't see and I'm doing something totally wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help and once more, great work!

17. ina

ina

It seems that 5.3.1 messes up polyworld imports from previous projects? (textures all black)

18. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I need some more information from both issues.

Send emails to support@qt-ent.com wtih your invoice number and screenshots of your debug console windows.

19. SustainedDissonance

SustainedDissonance

I'm interested in purchasing PolyWorld as well as the packs but I would like to know what the practical limits are to the size of a world?

I've done some reading and it looks like you support Gaia, TerrainComposer and Unity terrain? From my research, Gaia doesn't support tiling but will in February but it appears that TC might (I need to do more research on it) and that it's possible with vanilla terrain (e.g. Stitchscape)?

Is it possible to get "unlimited" terrain (or at least very large worlds, via tiling terrain) when using one of those add-ons in conjunction with PolyWorld?

I tried out the demo and it ran well even on my old machine but the demo seems to be trying really hard to convey the illusion that the world is vast however there is barely any area to actually explore. It wasn't long before I bumped into invisible walls. I was worried that the reason for that was because the system just doesn't support large worlds, or at least not very well.

I don't want to commit to buying Gaia/TC /and/ this only to find out that I can't realise my vision. Thanks!

20. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I agree. You should research to see if what you want is even possible before purchasing anything at all. You also need to learn about what sort of loading/unloading scheme you need, what performance bottlenecks are involved and how you intend to solve them. Your question shouldn't be, "Can these asset store packs do this?" But rather, "Can Unity?"

Gaia, PolyWorld, TerrainComposer, etc all utilize Unity's terrain system, though with PolyWorld you will be converting the terrain to static mesh in the editor which is much easier to handle with load/unload schemes. Anything that manipulates unity terrains is compatible with PolyWorld. Whether or not you can achieve tiling terrains isn't up to PolyWorld, it's more about how you author the underlying unity terrains.

21. redred77

redred77

Hi
    I'm trying your asset, downloaded latest version today with Unity 5.3.1f1

I tried to imitate your sample screenshot's color feelings but i couldn't.

- I'm trying on demo Woodland mobile scene.
    - I have bought Colorful asset and already set red, gree, blue, constant values for each as you mentioned on your FAQ page.
    - I also turned on Baked GI, Precomputed Realtime GI from Unity. (Bake took more than 3 hours! Is it usual?)
    - When I change quality settings as Fantastic, things got better but far from yours.

I uploaded the screenshot. Left view is what I got from Unity game scene and right is the screenshot from your website. There's big difference on darker shadow, color feelings.

1. How can I make things much similar like yours?
    2. Do I have to tweak some variables like rotating directional light? (When I changed "The Sun" GameObject's rotation Unity started to bake again. I'm afraid I have to wait few hours again)
    3. What's the difference between mobile scene and normal scene? Maybe this is the reason why I'm facing the problem I think.
    4. Can I get exact settings or maybe complete demo project you made?

Attached Files:

22. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

1. You're just about there! Some bloom may help.
    2. Yep. This is how Enlighten works in Unity. It's quite slow. I rely on dynamic lighting exclusively in Unity until something gets resolved.
    3. The difference is that in the mobile scene, the drawcalls are reduced by using the draw call combining script. Also, most everything gets static/baked lighting.
    4. Sorry I can't distribute the source as it includes asset store content not created by me.

23. redred77

redred77

Thanks. Bloom worked!

24. redred77

redred77

I found Color Modify script in Ancient East pack asset from your website. Wow, this is what I wanted. I wanted to calibrate each colors little bit.
    I bought polywood toolkit, vistas, 3d cloud from you and satisfied all but it is quite sad that this script is not included in Polywood toolkit. Isn't it compatible with polywood meshes?
    Would you sell this script separately or include this script in Polywood? I only want that script but buying whole ancient east pack is quite expensive.

Thanks.

25. pablogalea

pablogalea

Hi!
    I wonder if you can change the texture of a low poly object made with Polyworld, for example, put a drawing or something like that, if I want to edit the mountains with a specific drawing.
    Tranks! :)

26. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

ModifyColor is compatible with all Polyworld meshes. Unfortunately I can't sell components of packs a la carte. By putting scripts and art in different packs, I'm able to spread the cost of development.

27. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Yep! A shader that enables diffuse texture is included.

28. redred77

redred77

I bought Ancient asia asset before you replied. Actually that script did not work as I intended but I'm satisfied with models.
    Thanks. I want more assets from you, not only faceted assets but other things too.

29. wightwhale

wightwhale

Can you explain how the distance and visualize distance work on QT_Surface Noise script? I'm getting a large circle in the corner of my terrain but it never moves. Also when my move my character around I don't see the waves moving unless I disable the LOD. Also when I try and generate LODs no matter which setting I put in I get the error:

SetLODs: Attempting to set LOD where the screen relative size is greater then or equal to a higher detail LOD level.
    UnityEngine.LODGroup:SetLODs(LOD[])

30. wightwhale

wightwhale

I'm guessing it's not really meant for hundreds of water pieces to be setup under one gameobject.

31. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Let's discuss this further. Email support@qt-ent.com with your invoice number and we'll get things right again.

32. Torakpalmer

Torakpalmer

I love the style and this is exactly the thing i was looking for. Nothing else that does this amazing thing. However, i dont have the money to pay $50! Is there some sort of Lite or Demo version?

33. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Sorry! I can't offer demos or evaluation versions, so I've loaded up on videos, screenshots, and documentation here so you can make a good decision. http://polyworld.qt-ent.com

It's the highest rated low poly pack out there and the only one that lets you create an entire world in this style, characters and all.

34. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Are you familiar with Modify Color and how it can benefit your PolyWorld project?

The awesome ModifyColor component, unique to PolyWorld: Ancient East, lets you take your PolyWorld props and characters and create infinite color variations.

• Making a Rogue-like? Create the meshes with the Mesh Converter, then use ModifyColor to make all the monster, potion, armor, and weapon color variations.
    • Traveling to other worlds or biomes? ModifyColor can change the PolyWorld Woodland foliage to anything you like; desert themed, winter themed, or alien.
    • Get tons of spaceships using ModifyColor by changing their hull color, engine color, cockpit color, etc.
    Best of all, it's easy to use. Just isolate a color on the mesh you want to change, then you can specify the color range from that to replace. You can 6 colors to work with. When you're done, save it! If you have a palette you like, you can save it to disk and apply it later to other meshes.

35. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

What would you like to see in the PolyWorld series?

It's the defacto standard for low-poly, faceted art creation in Unity, but I'd like to hear from the community what you need or would like to see.

So let's hear it!

36. docsavage

docsavage

Space Stations and space ships:)

37. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Hi Everyone,

The Asset Store has launched the cool new lists feature. Each user can create their own list of assets they like or that fit a certain category which are then publicly visible and available through search.

If you happen to make a list for Low Poly content, or one for packs you really enjoy, please consider adding the Polyworld series of packs! It will really help keep me going independent! Thanks!

And don't forget to hit that little "publish" button once the list is completed!

Link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/account/lists

38. auroxi

auroxi

Quoting because this was ignored. :rolleyes:

39. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

The trees will always face the same direction, always be the same scale, and they'll never cast shadows if you're using them as unity tree objects. It looks quite horrible due to Unity's ancient terrain system. Are you sure you want this? I can do it, but it may disappoint you.

Give https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2389 a try and see if it will work well for your project.

(edit) Scratch that. You can get around the rotation and scale issues by just making new meshes. Is this ok?

40. auroxi

auroxi

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a whirl.

41. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Can you please email your invoice number to support@qt-ent.com? Thanks.

42. auroxi

auroxi

Done. No idea why though? :)

43. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Publishers require invoice numbers to verify purchases.

44. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

I'm going to be updating all the shaders soon. There will only be 4 but they will encompass the current functionality, plus the smoothness and roughness PBR values. This allows better quality reflections and reflection probe support as well as screen space raytrace reflections!

This is a shot of Fantasy Interiors with SSRR. Check out the floor, table top. So nice..

docsavage likes this.
  45. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Fantasy Interiors can be on sale with your help! Vote here at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/poll-community-sale-vote-for-your-favourites.395705/

PolyWorld: Fantasy Interiors is on the first Asset Store Community voting thread! Vote for it and 4 others. The winners at the end of the week will go on sale!

Just last night I updated the shaders and the live demo to include reflections! The new shaders are really cool since now they're hooked into Unity's PBR shader! You can tweak roughness, metallic, and emissive all in the same material. Of course, the old shaders are still included for performance on low end devices.

Check out the new live demo at http://www.qt-ent.com/PlayableDemos/Polyworld/FI-A/FantasyInteriorsA.html and vote for PolyWorld at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/poll-community-sale-vote-for-your-favourites.395705/

Also, please give at vote to the TaD: Sewer Kit as it pairs well with PolyWorld: Woodland and the mesh converter! Thanks!

46. byronbbb

byronbbb

Hello,
    I'm getting not texture on my terrain when I run the conversion. I get an error "Unsupported texture format - needs to be ARGB32, RGBA32..." I am using the latest versionf Polyworld Woodland and latest version of Unity 5.3.4.

Also, I'm only using the Polyworld supplied textures and swatches to paint the original terrain.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

47. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

Unity can't read mip maps of textures when you're on another build platform like iOs. Either switch to pc/desktop/webplayer, or change all the textures used on the terrain to DXT1 compressed in their import settings.

48. byronbbb

byronbbb

Thanks for the reply. I am using iOS, so that was the problem. I changed the import settings on the textures and now we're back in business.
    Best regards,
    Byron

49. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

No problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, if you have a moment, please consider providing a review of PolyWorld in the store! It keeps me going!

50. Yiorgos

Yiorgos

Hi. Any chance for a tool to upload a sample model and see how it converts? The selected meshes in your screenshots convert just fine, but I'd like to test if it will work for mine, before I buy it.