Search Unity

PolyMorpher [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalagaan, May 27, 2012.

1. c_v

c_v

Thanks, your advice helped alot!

kalagaan likes this.
  2. metaphysician

metaphysician

hi there! i am considering purchasing PolyMorpher but i have a very specific need and i want to check about features before i spend money.

i've been trying to import FBX, Blend, and DAE versions of Blender files with Shape Keys into Unity with absolutely no luck. this is using Blender 2.77 and Unity 5.3.5. these are large poly (80,000 verts) rigged character meshes. i have also exported unrigged versions of these characters from Blender also with no luck. however i did create a simple cube and modified it with shape keys, which was unrigged and it worked fine- the animation did not register but Blendshapes showed up in the Inspector for the Skinned Mesh Renderer. please note this is default Unity and NOT using PolyMorpher.

what i am wondering is whether PolyMorpher will work in this case or is it also for simple, unrigged, low poly meshes? the demo mainly shows low poly meshes and i'm not sure how current it is as we're up to
    Unity 5.4 now. anyway let me know if you can what's possible with PolyMorpher. thanks!

3. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hi,

Polymorpher won't work with large mesh, because unity split the mesh larger than 65000 verts.
    You should decrease the polycount of your character.
    PolyMorpher works well if you don't have the blender source, because you can create shapes within unity.
    But if you have the blender file, using blendshapes is much better, because blender is a better 3D editor than polymorpher :)
    Anyway, in your case I don't think that PolyMorpher could save you, but if you want to send me a sample of your blender file, I could have a look to help you ;)
    Send me a sample at contact@kalagaan.com

If you want extra animations on your character, have a look at VertExmotion (working with high polycount)
    http://u3d.as/9Q7

4. mbhagat

mbhagat

Hello,
    I have bought it.
    My purpose is damn simple.
    I just want to make some angry expression on my player face and export that obj so I can use that somewhere for taking render.
    How to do it ?
    Any tutorial?

5. kalagaan

kalagaan

6. pranee

pranee

Hello,
    I'm very interested in buying poly morpher but before that I would like to ensure that this asset will solve my issue. I would like to make my human model's body (not head) thin or fat depending on the profile of the user. The human models should look realistic when changing from thin to fat or fat to thin. So in runtime can I modify my human model (~20k vertices) into thin or fat in unity.
    Thank You

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  7. kalagaan

kalagaan

I don't think that you should use PolyMorpher for this, the edition for a 20k character would be a pain...
    You should use a character with blendshapes, like Morph3D on the assetstore.
    Or use a human template for 3D software, like MakeHuman or Manuel Bastioni lab.

8. Dorumeka

Dorumeka

Just bought the Asset. Using it with Unity 2019.

1) Viewport UI is not showing properly.

This is what the documentation shows:

This is what I see:

Not a deal breaker, though.

2) My model's normals get messed up

How it's supposed to look:

How it looks after computation:

This is a deal breaker. I can't use this asset if it's going to make my models look wrong.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  9. kalagaan

kalagaan

1) the UI screenshot was done with the PRO skin of unity.
    you can edit the mesh by clicking on the 'New shape button'

2) You can click on the 'extra smooth' in the polyMorpher component to fix it.
    Launch the game in play mode to refresh the mesh.

I recommand to create the shapes with PolyMorpher, and export the result as blendshapes.

You can export the blendshapes in the shape edition mode, a new gameObject will be generated and the mesh will be saved in the project folder.