Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyMorpher [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalagaan, May 27, 2012.

1. c_v

c_v

Thanks, your advice helped alot!

kalagaan likes this.
  2. metaphysician

metaphysician

hi there! i am considering purchasing PolyMorpher but i have a very specific need and i want to check about features before i spend money.

i've been trying to import FBX, Blend, and DAE versions of Blender files with Shape Keys into Unity with absolutely no luck. this is using Blender 2.77 and Unity 5.3.5. these are large poly (80,000 verts) rigged character meshes. i have also exported unrigged versions of these characters from Blender also with no luck. however i did create a simple cube and modified it with shape keys, which was unrigged and it worked fine- the animation did not register but Blendshapes showed up in the Inspector for the Skinned Mesh Renderer. please note this is default Unity and NOT using PolyMorpher.

what i am wondering is whether PolyMorpher will work in this case or is it also for simple, unrigged, low poly meshes? the demo mainly shows low poly meshes and i'm not sure how current it is as we're up to
    Unity 5.4 now. anyway let me know if you can what's possible with PolyMorpher. thanks!

3. kalagaan

kalagaan

Hi,

Polymorpher won't work with large mesh, because unity split the mesh larger than 65000 verts.
    You should decrease the polycount of your character.
    PolyMorpher works well if you don't have the blender source, because you can create shapes within unity.
    But if you have the blender file, using blendshapes is much better, because blender is a better 3D editor than polymorpher :)
    Anyway, in your case I don't think that PolyMorpher could save you, but if you want to send me a sample of your blender file, I could have a look to help you ;)
    Send me a sample at contact@kalagaan.com

If you want extra animations on your character, have a look at VertExmotion (working with high polycount)
    http://u3d.as/9Q7

4. mbhagat

mbhagat

Hello,
    I have bought it.
    My purpose is damn simple.
    I just want to make some angry expression on my player face and export that obj so I can use that somewhere for taking render.
    How to do it ?
    Any tutorial?

5. kalagaan

kalagaan