Search Unity

Polygonal Medieval Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PolytopeStudio, Mar 5, 2018.

1. adhochero

adhochero

hello. so far, I love the style of these characters. i love the low poly but not cartoony characters. i am currently in the process of building an RPG in VR and as i am not an artist have been searching for an asset with lots of different options in faces, clothing, armor, and weapons so the player can customize the character they'll play. so far your is my favorite. though missing female characters, which you have addressed. and i am just really hoping for more clothing and character options(faces). anyways, i look forward to see what more things you make.
    oh also, i know the characters you are making share the same skeleton, but if its possible to make like peasant children as well, that would be amazing. as, you know, the world seems a bit odd when there are only adults. also different skin colors would be nice too.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Thank you for choosing our packs.
    We're considering adding children for the peasants/civilians pack.
    As for the skin colors, right now you can change the color of the skin in the armors pack by changing the albedo color in the skin material. A skin material will be available for the soldiers pack with the next update.

3. adhochero

adhochero

cool thanks

4. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Please update all your packs from us and everything should be working.

KeithBrown likes this.
  5. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Female_Armor_Modular_Set1.jpg PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Female_Armor_Modular_Set3.jpg PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Female_Armor_Modular_Set5.jpg Soon on the Unity Asset Store. Lowpoly Modular Female Armors will be an update to the Lowpoly Medieval Modular Armors pack: https://goo.gl/n9JPVk

KeithBrown likes this.
  6. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Female_Armor_Modular_Set2.jpg PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Female_Armor_Modular_Set4.jpg PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Armor_Female_Sets_Start_Armor.jpg

The pack is submitted now. It contains the female armor variations an undressed female character, a start armor plus 5 heads and 5 separate hairstyles.
    It's going to be a free update to the Medieval_Modular_Armors. With this update the new price of this pack will be 34$.
    Cheers,
    Vio

Acissathar, Marchioly and KeithBrown like this.
  7. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Looks great!

PolytopeStudio likes this.
  8. Marchioly

Marchioly

Looks great! Id been waiting on the female models and been checking your facebook/this thread every week or two. Glad to see this update!

9. Acissathar

Acissathar

Glad to see the females, I'm a big fan of this style. So the question is, what's next ;)

10. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

The weapons and soldiers packs will get some updates and after that a new pack with Npc/peasants/civilians will be published.

Acissathar likes this.
  11. Acissathar

Acissathar

If possible, will the npc/civi pack be modular like the armors and/or work with the same base models?

12. Dermestes

Dermestes

Is there any screenshots of mixed and matched armor sets?

13. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

All the humanoid characters in the Lowpoly Medieval series will share the same skeleton, however if a swapping parts system will be available in one pack, the compatibility will be limited to characters inside that pack. If more types of characters are available in one pack, the swapping parts system will work only between the same type of the characters in that pack. So if there will be a modular civilians pack they won't be compatible in terms of parts swapping with the armors. Also if in the packs there will be peasants and nobles, for example, they also won't be compatible between the 2 types.

Marchioly likes this.
  14. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

So far not, but we're thinking about a web demo that will let user change the parts of the armors. If you're interested into something specific please use the support mail and ask.

15. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Soon a Webgl character creator will be available for anyone to check the armor sets :) Let me know what you think:
    PT_Medieval_Armors_Character_Creator_Demo.jpg

S4G4N likes this.
  16. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

I'm going to purchase "Medieval Armors" and "Medieval Soldiers" I was wondering if there the chance for the "Medieval Armors" character to wear also the Soldiers armors and Peasant cloth. :)

17. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Thank you for your interest in our packs.

As for swapping parts between different characters I've explained our approached here some time ago:

"All the humanoid characters in the Lowpoly Medieval series share the same skeleton, however if a swapping parts system will be available in one pack, the compatibility will be limited to characters inside that pack.
    So if there will be a modular civilians pack they won't be compatible in terms of parts swapping with the armors.

If more types of characters are available in one pack, the swapping parts system will work only between the same type of the characters in that pack. So if in the packs there will be peasants and nobles, for example, they won't be compatible between the 2 types."

MaximilianPs likes this.
  18. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

The WebGl character creator demo for our Modular Armors pack is available on itch.io

You can build your character using the modular armor parts from the pack and also you can change the color of the skin, hair and eyes.

This is still wip so any C&C are welcomed!

https://polytopestudio.itch.io/medieval-armors-character-creator

19. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

20. mick129

mick129

Hello,
    Huge problem for us, I see that the fbx/obj file of the full characters are not included, is it possible to add that?

We can't use Mixamo without it.

21. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Hi,
    So you want a single fbx with all the armors parts/heads/hairs/naked character in it?
    I don't understand why you can't use Mixamo animations without something like that.

22. mick129

mick129

We need a naked and built humanoid. I'm not sure but we couldn't find it to import in Mixamo.

Edit: to bypass manual rigging

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  23. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Here is the naked character fbx naked.jpg

24. mick129

mick129

Oh my, sorry and thank you!

25. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

If you have any issue with our packs please use this forum or better the email contact@polytope.studio to ask for support.
    Can you elaborate a bit your workflow with our packs and Mixamo? I'm not sure why you need to redo the skinning.

26. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

Are the bows rigged for animation?

27. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

For now not, but they will be in the next update in a couple of weeks from now. We're also going to add a few more bows, a new crossbow, a golden tier for each weapon type and a new character - a female.

28. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Character defect the mesh does not join.

29. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Thank you for this. Can you please tell me which head is that? Will look into it asap.

30. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

It is the one that comes with the base model, the other models I have not tested. this happens when doing retargeting with, mixamo or 3d max

31. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

The fix was submitted, it will be online in a couple of days- depending on Unity curators to review the update.
    Thank you again, and let me know if everything else is good.

32. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

Thank you for your quick response, as soon as I can, I will try to test more characters to help this asset, and I hope that one day, I will design more medieval packages, such as monks, blacksmiths, carpenters, cooks, hunters, nobles, king, etc. and more faces for the characters, of course, paying.

33. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

More packs will come this autumn, and also more updates to the existing packs.

34. VladimirGameStudio

VladimirGameStudio

English.

Good everyone, I'm coming from the summer holidays and to continue with my project, we wanted to ask if the corrected version was already uploaded, since I see the same version 2.1, thanks and best regards to all.

Español.

Buenas a todos, ya vengo de las vacaciones de verano y a continuar con mi proyecto, quería preguntar si la versión corregida ya estaba subida, ya que veo la misma versión 2.1, gracias y un cordial saludo a todos.

35. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

I haven't received the confirmation email so I'm not sure if the new pack was approved and online. If you don't see an "update" on the pack page in the asset store it means it's not updated yet.
    For this minor changes/fixes we don't change the version number.
    If you'll send an email to contact@polytope.studio I can send you the fixed version to work with while we wait for Unity to do their job to publish the update.

36. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Hi everybody,
    It's been long since I haven't posted anything new.
    For this year I plan to update the existing packs and release at least 3 more packs in the Lowpoly Medieval World style.
    First is a major update to the weapons pack which will now include 259 weapons (more than double than the first release), a new rigged character- a female soldier, rigged and animated bows and crossbows. It's going to be a paid upgrade and of course for the existing customers the upgrade price plus the initial price will be lower than the new price of the pack.
    I still have to update the descriptions, documentation, but the screenshot are done.

PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_female_archer.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_Shield.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_Warhammer_Pike.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_Shield.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_Sheath_Sword.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Weapons_Crossbow_Longbow_Dagger_Club_Quiver.png

Cheers,
    Vio

KeithBrown, Acissathar and S4G4N like this.
  37. S4G4N

S4G4N

Welcome back :)

38. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Awesome. Looking forward to it!

PolytopeStudio and S4G4N like this.
  39. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

40. mncrypticsilver

mncrypticsilver

An awesome edition to the Medieval Weapons pack would be the inclusion of all existing Quiver's without arrows in them.

I would like to show empty quivers when a character has no arrow ammo.

41. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

That's a good idea. For sure we'll add those soon, in the next update.

42. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Today we'll share with you our newest free pack from the LOWPOLY MEDIEVAL series.
    Since the UAS is experiencing delays in their reviewing system the package will be available in the store in about 2 weeks, but you can grab it now from our Gumroad store. To get the link just connect with us on our Discord
    https://discord.gg/DE6Gm8

PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Priest_Cover_Image.png

KeithBrown likes this.
  43. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Did you know that every month we're giving away one free voucher for our packs on our Discord server?
    discord.gg/EjKSxaK

KeithBrown likes this.
  44. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Our peasants free pack got updated. We added a new character and update the existing ones to be compatible with the upcoming modular peasants and citizens pack. PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Peasants_Free_Diorama.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Peasants_Free_Boys.png PT_Medieval_Lowpoly_Peasants_Free_Environment.png

Don't forget to join our Discord server discord.gg/EjKSxaK where you can find screenshots from the upcoming packs, free monthly vouchers, and get direct help with any issue you may have with our packs.

45. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

KeithBrown likes this.
  46. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Happy Midsummer!
    This year, for one week, from 24-06 to 01-07 all our packs are 40%.
    https://bit.ly/2VcfbcV
    MIDSUMMER SALE.png
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    KeithBrown likes this.
  47. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Our first Unity Asset Store Bundle is live!

Get all our packs with a 30%off discount:

https://bit.ly/2CG8Pw4 cover.png

48. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Probably most of you found out, but if you didn't, our weapons pack is on Reboot 2020 sale at 50% off.
    https://bit.ly/33hvGYp

We also have a personal sale for the rest of our packs with discounts up to 40%
    https://bit.ly/2ZJBucn AUTUMN SALE.png

49. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

Hi all!
    We're happy to announce our first collaboration with another Asset Store publisher, THMSV, who's developing RPG Builder, a tool for Unity that lets you develop your own RPG without programming skills.
    If that sounds great to you, make sure to follow them on YouTube https://bit.ly/3clqCX8
    and to join their Discord server https://discord.gg/hhtfQAH
    Also, you can find out more about our collaboration here:
    https://bit.ly/3mMnx76

50. PolytopeStudio

PolytopeStudio

KeithBrown and S4G4N like this.