Search Unity

Polygon Count Limit?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by elias723, Apr 6, 2006.

1. elias723

elias723

I'm trying to make a game for a class I'm in about the story of Paradise Lost. I have made a Satan character, but for some reason only part of him loads. I wonder if Unity has a max polygon count or something. Here's a picture of how he should have loaded and one of how he did load(and I added color).

Attached Files:

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

If I remember the poly limit for a single mesh is around 65,000 (why that # is popping into my head I don't know, it's around there I think) but you're problem is normals facing the wrong way probably... in your 3D app conform the normal directions of the faces or similar action so all the faces in the topology point in the same "outward" direction... Unity uses backface culling by default.

3. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Also if you can soften the edges on that model it will greatly improve the look. This is often put under a "normals" submenue or something related in the 3D app. Jeff

4. elias723

elias723

ah yes - fooling around with the normals did the trick. I didn't even know that was a problem / feature. Thanks everyone.

5. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

We all had to learn that :p if you go look at my first posts that was one of the many questions I had. Jeff