Search Unity

PolyBrush - Vertex Painting Doesn't Work Across Tiles

Discussion in 'World Building' started by nindim, Dec 1, 2020.

1. nindim

nindim

Hi,

We have just started using PolyBrush (latest version from the Package Manager) and are seeing an issue where if I use a brush that spans across two (or more) meshes only the mesh at the centre of the brush actually gets the preview or vertex colours applied. Is this expected?

This makes painting paths and grass incredibly frustrating and pretty much makes the tool unusable for us :(

I have tried multiselecting all the tiles that make up the terrain but it still only paints the mesh that is picked by the centre of the brush.

There is a post from 2016 on the ProCore forum that seems to indicate this should work, perhaps it's a regression?

http://www.procore3d.com/forum/topi...-multiple-meshes/?do=findComment&comment=9390

Hopefully someone has a workaround or someone from Unity/ProCore can comment that a fix will be in the works?

@kaarrrllll - You seem to be active in PolyBrush related threads, perhaps you can comment? I also wonder if you're the same Karl from the 2016 thread I quoted above?

Thanks a lot!

Niall

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. Alex_BlackSalt

Alex_BlackSalt

Hi,
    I want to bring this back up because I have this same problem. Did you find a solution to this? or does anyone know if it can be done?

3. nindim

nindim

No, nothing at all from @kaarrrllll or anyone at ProCore/Unity :/