Search Unity

Polybrush upgrade to 2019 and deprecated Z_Additional Vertex Stream

Discussion in 'World Building' started by fwalker, Nov 14, 2019.

1. fwalker

fwalker

I am looking at upgrading our project from 2018.3 to 2019.2.
    Everything works great, except that the Z_additional Vertex Streams component has been deprecated.

Is there an upgrade path for this? How can we convert/preserve the data on those components to the new 2019 polybrush format?

Thanks

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Just run "Tools > Polybrush > Update Z_AdditionalVertexStreams" and that should take care of it :)

By the way - if you are going through the update pain, I'd recommend moving straight up to 19.3 RC at least, or perhaps even 20.1 alpha, there are some very important improvements :)

3. konsic

konsic

RC is still not released.

4. fwalker

fwalker

Thanks a million, Gabriel, super useful info !

5. fwalker

fwalker

Any idea how I can get my mittens on 20.1 Alpha. I don't see it on the package manager :)

6. konsic

konsic

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah, sorry, I thought RC was available by now - but nope! Well, that current beta for 19.3 is very solid, nearly RC :)

However ... upgrades are always painful ... so I generally prefer to jump as far ahead as possible. Assuming you aren't on a critical project. I'm currently using 20.1 for my personal projects, and sure it's got plenty of bugs (it's a very early alpha), but the upgrades and future-proofing are worth it to me :)