Search Unity

Polybrush texture painting doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Grasp_, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Grasp_

Grasp_

So basically I'm trying to use Polybrush to paint textures onto meshes that I made also using Polybrush. But when I change the material's shader to Polybrush/Standard Texture Blend (What it says to change it to so that you can paint textures) It leaves my material looking super faded and I straight up can't paint the textures. At one point it was working fine, but now, for no reason it's not working, and I can't seem to figure out why.

The images should show what I mean. The sphere is supposed to have a green grass texture, but obviously
    that's barely visible at all.

If there's not a known solution to this problem is there at least another unity tool that would allow me to paint textures onto meshes? Thanks!

2019-03-19_19-07-35.jpg 2019-03-19_19-07-58.jpg

matthewjameslim likes this.
  2. euanmj

euanmj

I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution to this?

matthewjameslim likes this.
  3. Grasp_

Grasp_

I did not. I haven't checked to see if it had been updated/fixed but if it's still happening to you then I guess it hasn't. I ended up using Maya (got it free as a student) and purchasing a cheap (I believe $10?) Paint tool called VertPaint off the unity asset store. Did the job well, I recommend it. The same developer also has something called MeshBrush which is also worth a look.

4. airTasty

airTasty

VertPaint dont work with baking lightmaps. Meshes with VertPaint asset are black, if you try to bake lights in scene. So working only with real lights.