Search Unity

[POLYBRUSH] shaders not appearing when importing from PackageManager

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Stamblew, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Stamblew

Stamblew

Hey folks, I imported Polybrush v1.0.0 to my project by using the Package Manager and unfortunately, the shaders responsible for vertex color blending and texture blending are not present.

I, then imported Polybrush using the Asset Store and there they are, however in Asset Store the current version is v0.9.15.

So how can I import the Polybrush with the blend shaders from the Package Manager?

Thanks in advance!

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Because the 1.0 version needs to support Scripted Render Pipeline, we can't include the example shaders in the package (would cause errors with the SRPs). There is a new "Samples" area in the Package Manager, where you can download the example shaders for your project type/SRP :) Just open the Package Manager, find Polybrush, and look on that page/area - let me know if you need more info! :)

3. Stamblew

Stamblew

Understood, thanks for the quick response. I could see this "Samples" area in 2019.1, but it is not available in 2018 LTS. Can I have this samples in 2018 using Polybrush v1.0?

4. PeterJurkovsky

PeterJurkovsky

Hello, have you solved this problem? I am using LTS Unity 2018.3.11f and there are no Polybrush shaders and no "Samples" area in Package Manager.

5. Stamblew

Stamblew

Unfortunately no my friend, the samples area only appears on 2019.1. It is really annoying, the only solution, in this case, is to create a custom texture blending shader compatible with Polybrush
    http://www.procore3d.com/docs/polybrush/shaders/

6. aibolith

aibolith

Does anyone have such shader for Unity 2018.x?
    I tried importing the StandardTextureBlend shader from 2019.4 project into a 2018.4 project, but it doesn't seem to work and Polybrush is still saying that there's no corresponding material on the object even after I've applied the shader to it.

So a sample shader would be much appreciated.

bhoffman67 likes this.
  7. bhoffman67

bhoffman67

There isn't a "samples" section in Package Manager for 2020.3.9. Is there somewhere else I can look?