Search Unity

Polybrush Sculpting, textures move, but not the actual vertex.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by rickblacker, Jun 11, 2019.

1. rickblacker

rickblacker

Unity 2019.1.6f1

Playing with 3DGameKit, trying to edit a terrian. The terrain was created using ProBuilder as I understand it. The tutorial has you use Polybrush to modify the terrain to create a crater and or make hills. I've noticed some things that I don't fully understand.

I thought that when using the Polybrush, you could raise, lower vertex points, which seems to happen if you look at the textures that are applied. However, there is still a mesh that does not seem to get affected. You can see it in this image here.

You can see that there is still some kind of mesh above what is supposed to be the surface of the terrain. It's as if there are two different grids at play here. One that the texture is painted onto, and one that controls where the player can walk.
    VertexAboveTextures.PNG

And what this causes is my player to float above the ground while walking over this section.
    CharacterInAir.png

And even walk into the terrain.

InGround.PNG

I was hoping someone might be able to help me better understand what's going on with ProBuilder/Polybrush. Or is this some kind of 3D Game Kit system in place that's affecting things?

Thanks for any help.

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

In your first image, I think that's actually the Unity Grid (in light grey) being rendered, not the mesh :p

However, there's definitely something wrong with your mesh collision ... Could you double-check:

- mesh has "Mesh Collider", and the "Convex" checkbox is not on?
    - in Polybrush prefs, you have "Rebuild Normals" enabled?

3. unity_x4lBkrGsKSetzw

unity_x4lBkrGsKSetzw

same problem here and i can't solve it! help

4. Grouser

Grouser

I'm having the same problem as well. I can't find the solution anywhere.

5. Grouser

Grouser

I restarted unity and it seems to be working fine now. I'm not to sure yet why I was having this problem, but restarting the program seemed to work.

awesomedata likes this.