Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Polybrush prefabs not placing in scatter mode

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Badwolf2828, May 31, 2020.

1. Badwolf2828

Badwolf2828

Hi, I am using Unity 2019.3.14 and I am also using the Universal Render Pipeline. I installed polybrush from the package manager, and consequently went on tools->polybrush and then opened the window. I can drag in prefabs easily and check them but when I go to paint nothing happens. I click the check box too next to the prefabs, and I have set the density to 100% and I have tried it with multiple brushes but to no avail. I have used Polybrush before and this has never happened. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! Also something I do notice, is that in the debug-log it says "Look rotation viewing vector is zero". I have also tried polybrush on both open scene windows but neither of them work. I would also like to add I am not using Unity terrain system. Capture.PNG

2. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Nothing looks obviously wrong, what is the full log of the console error?

3. Badwolf2828

Badwolf2828

Capture1.PNG
    Thanks for getting back to me! I am not sure if it is relevant but when I open up poly brush and start scattering my frame rate also seems to drop.

4. RichardM73

RichardM73

Hi, I have a problem with polybrush prefab scatter mode too, but with me I cannot drag prefabs into the pallet, I do not see the 'Drag Prefabs Here' text, its just a large blank area.

Attached Files:

5. humansteak

humansteak

Same issue. Unity 2019.3.0f6 altough seems fixed with the current preview version

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  6. Katerpilet

Katerpilet

I also get this in Unity 2020.3.21f1....

7. Katerpilet

Katerpilet

The issue is that the hit normal on `PolyRaycastHit` is close to 0

unityunity