Search Unity

Polybrush not painting textures?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by perej222, Feb 6, 2020.

1. perej222

perej222

So i've been having some trouble trying to paint textures on a polybrush mesh. I'm using Unity 2019.3. I've followed all the steps of multiple tutorials, applying the correct shaders, yet the object continues to appear black and does not show any signs of it being painted. Is there anything I can do?

Attached Files:

2. perej222

perej222

Update, tried using the shader main texture with decals. It actually shows me a texture but every time I hover with the paintbrush it spits out tons of error messages. What is going on? Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 2.58.26 AM.png

3. AlterMannn

AlterMannn

I have the same problem. I prepared material with polybrush shader and put it on my object. But on polybrush/paint texture on meshes window, the textures i used on material dont appear. So i can't paint my object.

poly_brush_question.jpg
    Also it giving that errors.

poly_brush_question_2.jpg

4. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Is this the version of Polybrush from the Asset Store or the Package Manager?

5. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty

I installed 1.0.1 from the Package Manager, and followed directions to create a Vertex Color material from the shader, and it doesn't let me paint. Texture painting also does not work. But the sculpting works.

Attached Files:

6. mookfasa

mookfasa

I got it working with painting colors by importing the LWRP examples from the package manger. But I cannot figure out how to get the Texture painting to work. I am also using the URP right now as well

7. davidwhiffen

davidwhiffen

Having the same problem

8. TwoYen

TwoYen

Yesterday I couldn't get texture painting (in URP) working either. Today I tried again and it suddenly worked. Perhaps restarting unity?

But now I have the problem of not having the option to tile the texture. How do we make the texture smaller to paint?