Search Unity

PolyBrush Not Changing Collision

Discussion in 'World Building' started by AbbyStrawby, Jun 16, 2019.

1. AbbyStrawby

AbbyStrawby

So I'm new to Unity and I'm doing the sample game Explorer 3D and I got to the step that says to use PolyBrush to lower the ground to create a pool of acid. When I did that Ellen (the player character) just stood on top of the gap like the ground hadn't moved at all. I tried raising a different bit of land to see if I would climb up that, but instead Ellen just walked right through it. The tutorial doesnt say anything about having to change the collision on the plane once you use PolyBrush but it doesn't seem to have updated automatically.
    Please help so I can continue to learn more about Unity
    Thanks

2. AbbyStrawby

AbbyStrawby

I fixed it!!! All I had to do was go to Tools > PolyBrush > Bake Vertex Streams and click Apply to Current Mesh. Anyone doing this in the future note you will have to do this every time you want to update your landscape with PolyBrush

3. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Hmm, similar to another person's post - I think there might be a common glitch. Can you tell me what version of Polybrush and Unity this is? Thanks!

4. MallNinjaMax

MallNinjaMax

Yeah, happens to me, too. It seems to only do it when you generate the colliders in the import settings. Unchecking "generate colliders" and manually adding a mesh collider seems to be a permanent fix.

Unity 2019.4.8f1
    Polybrush 1.0.2