Search Unity

Question Polybrush - Materials from the Docs are missing - Shader has issues with SSR and deferred shading

Discussion in 'World Building' started by NeatWolf, Sep 25, 2020.

1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

TLDR:
    1. Could you please share some Polybrush materials (like the one in the samples), or point me to an asset/website where I could find more?
    2. The provided sample shaders in the package are not so compatible with Unity 2019.4.0f1 LTS SSR post-fx using linear color space, hdr and deferred rendering. Disabling the SSR solves the issue:
      It's like the SSR shader overlays some non-z-written version of the meshes with the polybrush shader.
      Have you got any idea about how it could be fixed? Placing a duplicate polybrush object with a standard shader right below it seems to fix it but... it would double the polycount!
    With the SSR artifact (the road has been created in PolyBrush, and is using the shader provided in the Samples folder):

Without SSR:

I noticed that the only materials ready to use with polybrush (package manager v1.0.2) are those in the Samples folder (by Freya Holmer aka acegikmo), created with ShaderForge.

Yet, in the legacy docs, while still it wasn't a Unity package there are a lot more materials:
    https://unity-technologies.github.i...ubleshooting/#colors-or-textures-not-painting

Are they still available somewhere? Are there updated docs and materials?

I could probably share the shader files since they're free. Please let me know if it could be of help.

Thanks!