Search Unity

Polybrush fbx setting?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by CHOO5D2, Mar 3, 2019.

1. CHOO5D2

CHOO5D2

Hi it seems that polybrush texture paint doesnt work on fbx.

Can anyone tell me what's the import setting require for fbx on Maya?

thanks

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Most likely, you just need to apply a material that is set up for texture blending. We include several examples with Polybrush, can you try those? :)

3. DMinsky

DMinsky

Forget it. Polybrush texture paint is just broken in Unity 2018.3.x and higher. You can use it with 2017.1.4 though

4. REALcreations

REALcreations

I need to distribute some nature prefabs among a terrain. I want to use Polybrush for this and did some testing:

• Unity standard plane (10x10 subdivided mesh) -> works fine
    • .OBJ import from Blender (10x10 subdivided mesh) -> works fine
    • .FBX iport fromd Blender (10x10 subdived mesh, same .blend file as OBJ) -> doesn't work
    The strange thing is it looks like a scale issue. The same blender file (local rotation and scale and are applied, this is 1) is exported as OBJ en FBX for import within Unity. The OBJ file works fine with the polybrush.

When I load within Unity the OBJ mesh as a mesh collider foir the FBX gamobject, it is not the same scale, the OBJ mesh is a lot larger. When you use the Polybrush on the FBX mesh, prefabs are scattered on the surface, but in a very low density and not in locations where I use the polybrush.

To me it seems like a scale issue within the FBX file and Unity.

Just use OBJ files and it should work fine.

@Gabrielq_Unity : When will Polybrush v1.0 be released? Any release date?

Rootbeard likes this.