Search Unity

Bug Polybrush changes disappear after playing the scene only .NET 4.X

Discussion in 'Linux' started by huno92, Apr 9, 2018.

1. huno92

huno92

upload_2018-4-9_13-10-43.png

Not sure if its the right forum but since I'm using the linux editor I figured I'd post it here....

I have a probuilder shape (plane) that I'm modelling with polybrush. I save the scene, bake the navmesh (it works just fine) and play the scene (still fine) then after returning from the player the plane gets completely flat. Funny thing is that when I restart the editor the changes are there but when I select the plane it immediately resets and becomes flat again.

Everything works without issues on .NET 3.5 tho...
    2018.1b13

2. huno92

huno92

also when I edit a shape it adds a second shader to the shape (Both .net versions)
    upload_2018-4-9_13-19-14.png

and its sometimes impossible to apply the shader changes to a prefab it resets to the previous one

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

On the Polybrush changes resetting, are you using the Additional Vertex Streams option? Also, what version of ProBuilder is this?

4. huno92

huno92

I have the option turned on but when I click on the mesh and then go to tools->polybrush->bake vertex streams the list is empty. There used to be a component containing the vertex streams that appeared in the inspector when I used it with unity 2017.1 but now its not there.

Im using probuilder from the asset store its 2.9.8f3
    same for polybrush its 0.9.13b0

5. kaarrrllll

kaarrrllll

Unity Technologies

Is this repeatable, or just for that particular object? It seems to me that the z_AdditionalVertexStreams component was somehow removed, and that is why it no longer shows your changes.

6. huno92

huno92

It happens when I have an object that is also a prefab (only .net 4.x). When It's not a prefab it works just fine. The additional vertex streams option doesn't help

7. huno92

huno92

So I've used the probuilder from the new package manager (v3.0.3) and everything seems to be working fine I didn't test it on the net 4.x though.

kaarrrllll likes this.
  8. ToniAittoniemiSC

ToniAittoniemiSC

It seems at least one of the reasons for the changes disappearing is unity's Static Batching not integrating the Additional Vertex Streams that polybrush added. Not using static for the objects containing polybrush streams is a workaround

9. NovoTempo

NovoTempo

Any updates on this? I got a Color Blend shader that uses object height, but if the object is statis its just changes to Wolrd pos so the colors got mixed wrong.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. NovoTempo

NovoTempo

And im using polybrush for some static objects, would be aweasome to fix it!

11. NovoTempo

NovoTempo

The only solution i founded to work was to Bake the Vertex Streams on the Polybrush menu options.

Sab_Rango likes this.