Search Unity

Polybrush Broken in 2018.3

Discussion in 'World Building' started by BMayzak, Oct 14, 2018.

1. theLATORE

theLATORE

So, update to 2019.1 it is... Are u using LWRP? Does paint blend textures of polybrush works? Thanks in advance!

2. gputhread

gputhread

I just checked with 2018.4 & 2019.1 as my android build was not rendering the polybrush standard blend material in 2017.4 android. Results i got that it were same in 17,18 & 19, the object render black when using polybrush mobile material or renders invisible when using standard blend bump material with 4 slots. I hope they will fix it soon, my project needs it in high priority :(. Polybrush versions: 0.19.5, preview 16&17 from package manager.

3. StenCG

StenCG

...and broken in 2018.4.1

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.settings-manager@0.1.0-preview.4\Editor\UserSettingsProvider.cs(15,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UIElements' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.settings-manager@0.1.0-preview.4\Editor\UserSettingsProvider.cs(153,63): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VisualElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.settings-manager@0.1.0-preview.4\Editor\UserSettingsProvider.cs(15,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UIElements' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Note, I install 1.0.0 preview.17 in Package Manager.

Arkade likes this.
  4. Arkade

Arkade

Same errors in 2018.4.4f1 with 1.0.0 preview.17. These seem to relate to features that are only present in 2019 (from a quick Googling). The documentation still asserts compatibility with 2018.3. I really hope we'll see support for 2018.x (at least LTS versions) restored!

Checking the error source, it's actually a super-simple fix! You have to disable read-only on UnitySettingsProvider.cs then find line 12 which has
    #if UNITY_2018_3
    and can simply be changed to
    #if UNITY_2018_3 || UNITY_2018_4
    or, maybe better(?)
    #if UNITY_2018_3_OR_NEWER && !UNITY_2019_1_OR_NEWER

HTH

Adam-Bailey likes this.
  5. korzen303

korzen303

Hi, I get this in 2019.1.9f1 when I am trying to make a build or bake asset bundles

Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.polybrush@1.0.0\Runtime\Scripts\Type\AttributeLayout.cs(62,13): error CS0103: The name 'ArrayUtility' does not exist in the current context
    Thanks for fixing

6. Paul_Bronowski

Paul_Bronowski

Confirmed. Broken. 2019.2.0f1.

7. StrangeWeekend

StrangeWeekend

This appears to be fixed in the latest preview package (preview.2 - 1.0.1)

8. judymoon1028

judymoon1028

I had same issue for blending texture. Did you find the solution for it?

9. gshaxor

gshaxor

Hello, I have Unity 2019.2.8f1 and don't work it...

I have this error in the console:

Filed to find method GradientField in type UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil:Warning(String) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:72)
    Polybrush.z_ReflectionUtil:Invoke(Object, Type, String, Type[], BindingFlags, Object[]) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Classes/z_ReflectionUtil.cs:227)
    Polybrush.z_GUILayout:GradientField(GUIContent, Gradient) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Utility/z_GUILayout.cs:376)
    Polybrush.z_GlobalSettingsEditor:OnGUI() (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_GlobalSettingsEditor.cs:98)
    Polybrush.z_Editor:OnGUI() (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:408)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

I see the Polybrush window, but nothing happens when I click in the object to modify it.

10. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

Any update on 2018.3 support? And which ProBuilder version to use it with? :)

11. Xhitman

Xhitman

Hi, I just install 2019.2.17f1, and still get error. Any idea? I really want to use Polybrush.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Polybrush.z_ShaderUtil.GetMeshAttributes_Legacy (UnityEngine.Material material, Polybrush.z_AttributeLayout[]& attributes) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Utility/z_ShaderUtil.cs:150)
    Polybrush.z_ShaderUtil.GetMeshAttributes (UnityEngine.Material material, Polybrush.z_AttributeLayoutContainer& attribContainer) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Utility/z_ShaderUtil.cs:111)
    Polybrush.z_BrushModeTexture.CheckForTextureBlendSupport (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Brush Modes/z_BrushModeTexture.cs:164)
    Polybrush.z_BrushModeTexture.OnEnable () (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Brush Modes/z_BrushModeTexture.cs:77)
    UnityEngine.ScriptableObject:CreateInstance(Type)
    Polybrush.z_Editor:SetTool(z_BrushTool) (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:513)
    Polybrush.z_Editor:OnGUI() (at Assets/ProCore/Polybrush/Code/Editor/Interface/z_Editor.cs:307)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

12. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Those errors are from the pre-1.x Beta version. You'll need to upgrade to Polybrush 1.x, which is now on the Package Manager.

13. Xhitman

Xhitman

Yes, I find out I should import it from the package manager, but the whole imported fbx object become black in texture paint mode.

14. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

This is probably because, at first, there are no textures applied, so your shader is showing nothing (black). Try selecting your "base" texture, and using the Paint Bucket application on the mesh, to apply for all verts/faces.

15. Xhitman

Xhitman

16. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Could you try painting with the "Flood" option, onto the mesh? It probably just needs data.

17. thatscraigz

thatscraigz

Hiya @gabrielw_unity does there happen to be 2018.3 support?

Thank you for your patience, I realize you're all over the place fixing things

18. perej222

perej222

I have the same weird black bug as xhitman, when I try to flood a new texture it continues to remain black!

19. Image3d

Image3d

Need help with Poly Brush .

Poly brush broken in Unity 2020.3.9f1. Only Sculp and Scatter tools works...Can´t paint colors or texture. Example Shaders applied...

Geeting the folloing error on console:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    UnityEngine.Polybrush.SplatSet.LerpWeights (UnityEngine.Polybrush.SplatSet lhs, UnityEngine.Polybrush.SplatSet rhs, System.Int32 mask, System.Single[] strength) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.polybrush@1.0.2/Editor/Classes/SplatSet.cs:211)
    UnityEditor.Polybrush.BrushModeTexture.OnBrushMove (UnityEditor.Polybrush.BrushTarget target, UnityEditor.Polybrush.BrushSettings settings) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.polybrush@1.0.2/Editor/Brush Modes/BrushModeTexture.cs:671)
    UnityEditor.Polybrush.PolybrushEditor.OnBrushMove () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.polybrush@1.0.2/Editor/Interface/PolybrushEditor.cs:1002)