Search Unity

Polybrush and Probuilder

Discussion in 'World Building' started by ItsDJJuju, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ItsDJJuju

ItsDJJuju

So I recently downloaded Polybrush and liked it, then I needed to download pro builder due to the useful polygon shape creator, but it seems when I'm done creating the polygon I can't use Polybrush on any of the polygons or any plane or whatever it may be. Has anyone come across a solution for this?

2. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

A update to Polybrush is coming soon , so hang tight!

3. ItsDJJuju

ItsDJJuju

Is there an eta on the update yet?

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

We are working toward a real 1.0 release, sorry for the very long wait!

5. Mythran

Mythran

So... when will polybrush suffer from an upgrade, his face tells me he is in dire need of a renewal surgery :x

6. Gruguir

Gruguir

I tried latest Probuilder/Polybrush versions, with latest Unity 2018 LTS and 2019.2, but I still can't use Polybrush sculpt tools anymore on a PB mesh after extrusion / subdivision operations (I assume that it should be possible ?)

7. Gruguir

Gruguir

@gabrielw_unity Following my previous comment, to be more precise there are the resulting errors when trying to use polybrush geometry operation on a extruded/subdivided PB Mesh :
    KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Mesh.vertices is too small. The supplied vertex array has less vertices than are referenced by the triangles array.
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Tangent array length must match vertex count

If it is meant to be supported, I wonder if there is any workaround or if maybe I'm just doing something wrong. If I remember well I never was able to get it to work using the two plugins in conjonction in this way.