Search Unity

Polybrush and Probuilder

Discussion in 'World Building' started by ItsDJJuju, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ItsDJJuju

ItsDJJuju

So I recently downloaded Polybrush and liked it, then I needed to download pro builder due to the useful polygon shape creator, but it seems when I'm done creating the polygon I can't use Polybrush on any of the polygons or any plane or whatever it may be. Has anyone come across a solution for this?

2. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

A update to Polybrush is coming soon , so hang tight!

3. ItsDJJuju

ItsDJJuju

Is there an eta on the update yet?

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

We are working toward a real 1.0 release, sorry for the very long wait!

5. Mythran

Mythran

So... when will polybrush suffer from an upgrade, his face tells me he is in dire need of a renewal surgery :x

6. Gruguir

Gruguir

I tried latest Probuilder/Polybrush versions, with latest Unity 2018 LTS and 2019.2, but I still can't use Polybrush sculpt tools anymore on a PB mesh after extrusion / subdivision operations (I assume that it should be possible ?)

7. Gruguir

Gruguir

@gabrielw_unity Following my previous comment, to be more precise there are the resulting errors when trying to use polybrush geometry operation on a extruded/subdivided PB Mesh :
    KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Mesh.vertices is too small. The supplied vertex array has less vertices than are referenced by the triangles array.
    ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Tangent array length must match vertex count

If it is meant to be supported, I wonder if there is any workaround or if maybe I'm just doing something wrong. If I remember well I never was able to get it to work using the two plugins in conjonction in this way.

8. G0DDEN

G0DDEN

Im making a game and i went to the asset store and the package area and there was nothing in both does anyone know how to fix this

9. a_radarhead

a_radarhead

I am experiencing these same issues nearly 6 months later. Has anyone figured out a fix or workaround? I'm trying to sculpt a cliff structure I blocked out and it's nearly impossible due to these errors.

TommyNa and Gruguir like this.
  10. a_radarhead

a_radarhead

Just found a temporary fix: copying and pasting the affected mesh seems to work. The new mesh will be polybrush-able until you perform another operation on it.

11. aloften

aloften

Can you give a step-by-step instruction on this work-around? It sounds like this work around is perfect. I tried what youve mentioned and I think we may be doing this in different ways because im not getting the same result as you.

Unity really seems to brag about how these two tools work together but I cant seem to find anyone who has actually used them together. =/