Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Poly Few | Mesh Simplifier and Automatic LOD Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Brain-_-Fail, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Brain-_-Fail

Brain-_-Fail

Unfortunately that won't be possible. PolyFew isn't an HLOD system.

2. ronripsyche

ronripsyche

Just wanted to say thank you for this amazing asset! It really saves indie devs a lot of trouble optimizing assets. The only thing that's really missing is URP support.

Is it something being worked on? Since Universal is the go-to pipeline for optimization (quality, performance, DOTS), adding support for it would turn Poly Few into a god-tier asset.

3. Brain-_-Fail

Brain-_-Fail

URP and the others scriptable pipelines are still not mature. Unity is continuously altering the shader code for fixing stuff, adding new features and a lot of other things. BatchFew combines materials based on Texture Arrays which requires rewrite of Unity shaders for each Render pipeline. Thus the current instability/Shader modification of URP and HDRP doesn't make it feasible for me to add support for it. This is also the reason why long term projects are still sticking with the older render pipeline.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020 at 5:45 AM
  4. HASSANHR

HASSANHR

Thanks for your response , Yes generating Lightmap uv's (UV2) for new combined meshes is a must if your planing to bake the lighting in your project, and i think it's easily accessible Via unity Api
    thank you

5. Brain-_-Fail

Brain-_-Fail

When combining meshes it does ask you whether you want to generate lightmap UVs or not. When generating LODs it won't ask you this, because it preserves lightmap UVs data if present in the original meshes.

HASSANHR likes this.
  6. VincentAbert

VincentAbert

Hello ! I've just started using it but the add-on is great ! I do have a problem however, generating LOD completely messed up my lightmap and I don't really know what to do...

Edit : Those were Unity-generated lightmaps if that's important

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020 at 1:58 PM
  7. Brain-_-Fail

Brain-_-Fail

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please contact me @kbawar555@gmail.com so that we can get this resolved?. I don't want to clutter the forums.

Thank you for the patience

EDIT: Below is a link to a video that I've made. It might help you solve the problem. If it doesn't then please contact me @kbawar555@gmail.com

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dusJj0LZmktDfFgo9gkCbCGNuSbWePyA/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020 at 6:17 AM
unityunity