Search Unity

Bug Polling 1000hz drastic fps drop.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Memane, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Memane

Memane

Hello,
    I am currently experiencing problems with my mouse polling I have found several items about this.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...in-empty-scenes-unreal-does-not.609808/page-2

But these topics are old.

The problem I'm having is that when I do fast movements with the mouse while standing, the fps drops drastically.
    I'm currently on Unity 2021.3.0f1 and I'm experiencing this problem if I decrease the polling of my mouse the problem is solved, but I don't want to decrease the polling of my mouse extends given that it's precision.

I see that a problem has been opened too: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ing-mouse-with-high-polling-rate-in-play-mode
    And I am of course on a Razer mouse (Razer Naga Trinity wired)

Please let your team know about this problem or give me a more concrete solution so that I can reduce the polling of my mouse.

2. Memane

Memane

I did not specify but whether it is with the Basic input system or the Input System it gives the same result.

3. Memane

Memane

Here are the stages when I move my mouse quickly, and I do nothing but move the mouse.

4. Memane

Memane

It does the same thing when I do Builds, which is even worse because it adds up the cash and makes whole drops.

5. kdgalla

kdgalla

It's all in the cpu, so open up where the inspector says "editor loop" so that you can see what specifically is taking up all that time.

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

That is unexpected. I specifically fixed a bug related to this in Unity 2021.2. Do you have any input related plugins in your project? Does this happen on an empty project?

Joe-Censored likes this.
  7. dudester

dudester

this isn't unity related , noticed this about 2 weeks ago , both my laptop and pc have this problem , windows cpu usage sky rockets when moving the mouse fast , even just moving the mouse normally causes a 15 percent increase in cpu usage right off the bat , something windows acknowledges but refuses to fix for some reason

8. Memane

Memane

It also makes when an empty project actually, as said it can come from windows here are the stages I get when I move the mouse and I do not move it.

When I move the mouse

When I don't move the mouse

It's not very visible since I have a 16 core processor but it could come from that, for the moment I don't get the same result at all with my laptop, I'm even at 120fps with the project on my laptop and on my PC fix I'm only at 70fps even though it has a bigger graphic card.

I hesitate to do a full reboot of my computer and put it on Windows 11

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  9. dudester

dudester

out of interest is your cpu AMD or intel , and gpu AMD or nvidia? might only be an issue with AMD and windows? but im unsure as both my laptop and pc are AMD

10. Memane

Memane

My PC fix is an AMD processor with a Nvidia graphics card.
    My laptop is an Intel processor with an Nvidia graphics card.

I'm going to do a test by plugging my mouse into the laptop.

11. Memane

Memane

I still have a loss but it's much less, I think it's normal it's not the same screen.

Switching the mouse polling to 500Hz solves all the problems I think I will have no choice.

12. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you please report a bug on this?

13. Memane

Memane

This is report Case 1421513

14. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

15. Memane

Memane

I reset my computer and switched to windows 11, but that didn't fix the problem, so I'm going to stick with 500hz Polling for now.
    I teach classes and some of my students have brought the problem home to me as well.

Hopefully the loan can be fixed in the future.

Thanks for your.

16. foxik0169

foxik0169

Hello, I can confirm. This issue is happening to me also. I am using InputSystem and when I set my mouse Logitech G102 to high polling rate (1000hz), the fps of the rendering drops until the events are consumed. This happens in editor and also in game.