Search Unity

[Poll] What Casual games do/ would you play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Mar 24, 2010.

?

What Casual games do/ would you like most?

1. Simple racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Racing and shooting or crashing into things/ cars and such

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Zombie games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Puzzle games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Flying games (e.g. helicopter, plane etc.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Adventure kind of games where you walk around in 3d or 2.5d, collect coins and try to avoid enemies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello guys,

I've made a poll so I could get some ideas about what casual games (a.k.a. games played in browser in sites like Shockwave.com etc.) people here enjoy or would enjoy most.

Even though there is a poll where you can vote, I kindly ask you to still make a small post with more details :)

Thanks

2. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Look at woogile and see what games are the most popular. Crashdrive 3D, Ragdoll and if playing armor games has tought me anything its that people like to play games with a hook of some sort
    http://www.wooglie.com/games.php?category=Racing

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

haha yes I've noticed that as well. Racing games on shockwave are most popular too together with few puzzle games. They get over 50k plays every day >.<

4. polytropoi

polytropoi

two words: Raven. Sword.

5. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

None, I have not played a game for more than 5 minutes in about 2 months. Maybe when starcraft 2 comes out though :)

6. taumel

taumel

I dislike the term casual game.

I've used it on my own for many years but dunno, games are just games. Most of the retro, indie or quite some handheld games also qualify as casual games, all depending on how you measure things. It doesn't make beep inside me.

Therefore i would say it depends on the individual game. If it's good then i might play it, if not, then i won't. Now if you could spend your ressources on a good game in all genres, although i doubt that it will be the same, i would vote for adventures, others and puzzles.

7. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Oh yes, racing games are still the most played games of all. My game Hard Rock Racing is still doing a couple of thousand plays per day.

But watch out about those 50k plays - those games are flash/director games and there is still a barrier for many to install the unity plugin, even on such a huge site like shockwave. It is still hard to compete with flash/director games there, but it is getting way way better.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Sorry for such a question, but would you mind sharing how much money do you make approximately from that game on Shockwave, if it's not a secret? :)

per day, per week or per month. Doesn't really matter :)

Thanks

9. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Sorry, can't tell - prohibited by contract.