Search Unity

[POLL] Unity Community Audience version 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Disiple, Jan 16, 2013.

?

Mobile devs, what do you do?!

1. Programming

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. Art

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Animation

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. 3D modeling

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Texturer

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. UI

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  7. Graphic Design

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Video/Audio Production

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  9. PM/QA

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  10. Other (Writing, Acting, Marketing, etc)

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Disiple

Disiple

So I just posted an earlier poll asking mobile game devs whether they are doing 2D vs 3D vs Both here.

Then I found this Poll here asking what people primarily are, coder, modeler, animator, etc...

From the results of my first poll I got some really interesting comments/results for the type of stuff people are doing. I was hoping the second poll I found might provide some more insights, but it sounded like from the comments that it wasn't comprehensive enough.

So now I figured I would build on both polls and ask, of you mobile game developers out there, what do you do whether with Unity or another tool?

Multiple answers are ok, but please keep it to things you actually do somewhat regularly, not once in a blue moon.

2. SevenBits

SevenBits

Considering that these are forums for a game engine, I expect results will be pretty biased. But who knows?

3. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

I do all of the above.

4. Disiple

Disiple

Do you create the entire game yourself, freelance some of it out, or part of a small team?

5. Disiple

Disiple

Biased towards programming?

6. Disiple

Disiple

Actually, looking at the poll so far, it looks like most people are doing multiple activities. Is that because of your project/company size? For example, are you an individual or part of a small company and need to do more? Or are you part of a bigger company?

7. MADmarine

MADmarine

For me it's being part of a small company, so multiple roles usually end up as my responsibility. I'm primarily a C# / Shader programmer though.

8. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

Absolutely everyting (one-man-team.)

9. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Same here, except when I work with an artist, but I don't work with one for mobile games.

10. Disiple

Disiple

Just out of curiosity, when you work with an artist do you freelance it out? I'm thinking of using a freelancer myself for a project I'm starting soon.

11. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

No. I have an in-house artist whom I have yet to actually pay. It's more of a profit share scheme going on, and there has not yet been any profit.