Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback poll: LevelPlay works for you?

Discussion in 'LevelPlay' started by enhawk, Mar 5, 2023.

?

I got this far:

1. No Ads appear.

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No Ads appear and no test ads appear.

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. Ads appear only on Android.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ads appear only on iOS.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Everything works fine.

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. enhawk

enhawk

For anyone embarking on this journey, what was your experience?

2. NapalmDest54

NapalmDest54

No ads or test ads appear for me. Seems ads never become available even though everything is setup for testing and test devices added.

3. PapayaLimon

PapayaLimon

It appears when I build on Unity 2021, but didn't in 2022, I want to use the last Unity version, but I'm stuck on 2021 until these issues are fixed.

4. valonsoft

valonsoft

It doesn't work for me. Please for those that have gotten it to work on ANDROID, please help out -- especially with external dependency resolver settings and your gradle file edits.

Also if it works as it is, please indicate so we can see where the problems are coming from

5. PapayaLimon

PapayaLimon

New Unity update didn't work. On 2021.3.20f1 doesnt work again.

FamishedMammal likes this.
  6. rbitard

rbitard

Horrible, for now I spent countless hours just for ios, on Android I got it working (with a lot of trouble though)

7. rbitard

rbitard

Plus, maybe it's just because I didn't roll it to all my users, I get way less ads with levelplay that I did with unity mediation

8. Brother_77

Brother_77

How is that possible ? Ironsource's network should be better. With the same partner networks ?

9. rbitard

rbitard

yep, maybe it's just because of a small user sample. But with the same sample with unity mediation I had "unlimited" ads running

Brother_77 likes this.
  10. cloud02468

cloud02468

Hellooo, is worth to use unity levelplay this time ? Or I should use other mediation like applovin

11. rbitard

rbitard

For now using my current knowledge it's not worth it.
    Maybe I'll try admob mediation. Applovin seems nice too but I don't know them, just that my ecpm with them is correct (waterfall)

cloud02468 likes this.
  12. Brother_77

Brother_77

Many bad reviews of how applovin treat their indie developers, I havent used it myself but just saying.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/applovin.com

13. Prodigga

Prodigga

I spent hours trying to get it to work and eventually gave up and messages support. No response for 9 days so I followed up. Got an email saying "it should be fixed now, try again" and lo and behold it worked.

I'm convinced they forgot to activate our account properly (after the manual verification process - why does that even exist?) and I wasted hours for nothing.

It was an absolute mess of a transition from Unity Ads where the integration was seamless and the plugin just worked out of the box.

There was more problems after that.

We've now moved on to using AdMob, definitely recommend it. Unity has lost a customer in us unfortunately.

14. rbitard

rbitard

Yup that's me nearly, if it was only implementation problems but my ecpm is so low compared to unity mediation that I'll probably switch soon, I want to use Admob mediation too, did you use that ? how is the ecpm so far ?

15. Prodigga

Prodigga

We haven't launched yet and will be launching with admob only initially. As mentioned we are already almost 2 weeks behind schedule with integration into our live product due to the IronSource issues so we are just trying to get it out the door ASAP. It'll be live next update and I can let you know how it compares to unity ads. I can't speak for IronSource ecpm.

With how smooth the integration has been thus far I feel confident their mediation side will be great too, but I have not yet tried it

rbitard likes this.
  16. rbitard

rbitard

my experience so far with admob (with unity mediation) is that the ecpm is the double of unity ads, but UnityAds serve way more ads whereas google will simply not display anything if below your threshold

dioras likes this.
  17. dioras

dioras

Nice, how many networks do you have activated in AdMob mediation?

18. rbitard

rbitard

As stated in my answer I was using unity mediation and switched to Levelplay. In both I just have 3 waterfalls (high/mid/low) for admob (and some other sources). Just by switching to levelplay I lost more than 40% of revenue with the same amount of users/plays. I believe it's because a lot of the impressions are now done by ironsource at a very low ecpm whereas before it was filled by much higher sources

19. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

LevelPlay does not work for me, because it broke down while I was setting it up for the first time.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    rbitard likes this.
  20. dioras

dioras

I experienced a similar case to yours, however, it was only with apps that generate the very low amount of impressions daily (up to 400) - in these cases, I was using only AdMob, which had like crazy high eCPM, and switching to mediation everything did drop. Maybe that's the same case for you?

However, the apps that did have more daily impressions, mediation did perform better. I'm still though in trouble with Meta and iOS platform, so if anyone has any info, feel free to discuss lol

21. rbitard

rbitard

That's probably it :) with unity mediation maybe the waterfall were prioritized correctly whereas with ironsource it's not the case anymore and my revenue dropped a lot