Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should LeanTween be bundled?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dentedpixel, Nov 2, 2014.

?

How should LeanTween be bundled?

1. Plugins/LeanTween.cs (with all examples provided in a different asset bundle)

44.4%
  2. LeanTween/Everything* (how it is now with all examples and the plugin in one directory)

55.6%
  1. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

LeanTween is now bundled in a single directory, with the Plugin included and many examples in both C# and Unityscript. However to get started you have to move the included Plugin folder into the root of your Assets folder. This causes much confusion, and often leads to some bad reviews because users think the plugin is "broken". However I have made it this way so I can include both Unityscript and C# examples along with he plugin, so they can get going with the plugin as quickly as possible.

I am thinking of reworking this setup though, just to avoid the confusion, and have it just unzip to the Plugins/LeanTween.cs automatically. This would then mean I would have to include the examples elsewhere, or maybe have them zipped up in the current directory.

Do you think this is optimal? Or do you like the way it is currently laid out?

2. AbgaryanFX

AbgaryanFX

If plugin needs priority, then put only cs in plugins and the rest into LeanTween folder, otherwise put all into Leantween folder ;)

3. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Hey Artyom! Thanks for your input, but I am not sure if I followed what your advice was...

When submitting to the Asset Store you have to have only one folder that is the top-level folder, so it either has to LeanTween or Plugins. If I bury Plugins insides of LeanTween folder, it gets ignored as a "Plugin". So users have to manually move it to the top-level. But if I make Plugins the top-level with nothing but LeanTween.cs inside it, nobody has to move anything, I could still leave all the CS files in there at that time (and have the JS Examples zipped up).

4. AbgaryanFX

AbgaryanFX

Put all Into LeanTween folder, after package import with "RunOnce" Editor Script move LeanTween.cs to Plugins - write an EditorPrefs.. and delete the install script.

5. Essential

Essential

I agree, the current system is a little confusing upon installing it. I think they should be kept as a single asset though, even to simply include the pdf / readme doc.

What I did was put LeanTween.cs in /Plugins/LeanTween.cs
    and then I renamed the top level LeanTween folder and put it as /Plugins/LeanTweenDocs

I felt this was best. I can't think where else the top level folder of readme and examples would fit.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can just use the Assets folder as the submitted folder, so everything can be uploaded as-is. Not a good idea to make users move folders around.

--Eric

7. dentedpixel

dentedpixel

Oh Excellent! I didn't realize you could have it just be the Assets folder (this is available in 3.5 right?). That would be the best solution. Artyom's solution also sounded interesting but potentially dangerous (also time consuming figuring out how to write those scripts), but I appreciate the feedback in any case.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It's a function of the asset store tools, not any particular Unity version.

--Eric