Search Unity

Politics for selling game with unity personal edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dccoo, Oct 12, 2017.

1. dccoo

dccoo

Hello.
    I'm just a student and I can't afford to buy Unity Pro yet, but I'm into making games with Unity.

My question is: If I decide to sell a game I built, what do I have to give to Unity (and when)?

thanks!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Teila

Teila

Nothing. But after you make 100k on your game, you will need to purchase Unity Plus. After 200k you will have to purchase Unity Pro.

So..use the free version which is exactly the same as the pro as far as the engine goes, and make your game! :) I imagine if you make 100k, you will not mind paying for Plus.

Kiwasi, wccrawford, Martin_H and 4 others like this.
  3. dccoo

dccoo

of course I wouldn't, I wouldn't mind to pay even if I didn't make, the problem is I don't have the cash atm, but I like Unity and would be nice for me if I could pay and contribute to their work :)
    Thanks for replying bro!

4. Teila

Teila

Not a bro, but you are welcome. People like you are the reason Unity has a fully featured version of the engine. You can make games and be successful. Then you can buy Unity!

Meltdown and theANMATOR2b like this.
  5. neginfinity

neginfinity

If you're an individual, you don't have to pay anything as long as you earn less than $100000 per year from your use of unity. This is explained in unity eula.

If you earn more than $100k (from your use of unity), you need to upgrade to Plus edition. If you earn more than $200k, you need to upgrade to pro.

Kiwasi, Ryiah and Martin_H like this.