Search Unity

Police Patrol Mobile Game (Android iOS)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by eriihine, Nov 28, 2011.

1. eriihine

eriihine

Police Patrol Game is a small (one man) indie game production targeted for mobile platforms (Android and iPhone in the first phase). The game has been in development now for couple of months. Target is to release first version of the game on Android market during Q1/2012. iPhone version is targeted to be released by the end of June 2012.

Game will be made with 2D graphics from the top-down perspective like the early Grand Theft Auto titles (GTA1 and GTA2). Player will assume the role of rookie police officer and progress on his career by completing various mission that build up the story and allow the main character progress on his career as an police officer.

Short gameplay video
    (showcasing the town environmnet):

Screenshots taken from Samsung Galaxy S
    : (more images here)

More ingame screenhosts and info can be found from the PolicePatrol Game development blog.

Also since this is my first post I would like to thank the awesome community for helpful posts both here and on unity answers. Im looking forward to posting here more in the future.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. eriihine

eriihine

reserved for future posts

3. eriihine

eriihine

2nd GamePlay video - basic sound environment:

Patrol Car for the main character:

Next update will focus on adding more variety to the AI controlled vehicles.

Comments feedback regarding this project are welcomed :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  4. Dreeka

Dreeka

Look interesting, if you polish it enought, it could perform well.
    I like it :)

5. eriihine

eriihine

Thanks for yor encouragement Dreeka. .. lets see how far I get with this one before running out of steam :)

6. Dreeka

Dreeka

Dont worry, sooner or later, people will react :)

7. eriihine

eriihine

3rd game-play video - Vehicle Grpahics and AI updates

Following new features added to the game:
    - 20 new vehicle types (4 new police cars and 16 civilian vehicles)
    - Slightly improved vehicle AI (still needs work). Vehicles don't bump into each other quite so often.
    - tail light effect added to all vehicles to make it more visible when they are decelerating

In next update the focus will be in adding actual game-play elements (e.g. high speed chases) and in improving the vehicle AI further

8. xandeck

xandeck

I like this game style, specially with Police... keep it up!

9. Astero

Astero

Reminds me GTA 1 :)

10. eriihine

eriihine

Time for another update:

The game starts with 2-3 tutorial missions where the player takes a role of a young police officer (Chris Kopp). Chris is fresh out from Police Academy and will be joining Alendar Falls Police Department as an probationary member. Chris needs to complete Field Training Program in order to become full member of AFPD. Field Training Program consist of 2-3 tutorial type of missions where a veteran officer Sergeant Bonds shows Chris the ropes.

Following new features added to the game:
    - basic 3rd person characters
    - dialog system and starting dialog / briefing scene
    - GUI
    - pause / resume functionality
    - gameplay tutorial mission

The video frame rate is not as good as it could be. The video capture SW used limited the frame rate.
    Game runs 60fps on my Samnsung Galaxy S.

In next updates focus will be in finishing the the first tutorial and implementing menus that allow player to interact with NPC characters and vehicles.

@Astero: Yes, the game is a bit like GTA 1 2 ... but from from the good guys side :)

11. eriihine

eriihine

.. saw that there is now a new Work In Progress forum. Can some one move this thread there ? thanks.

12. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Very nice dude! I love car games and this one is looking solid right now.