Search Unity

Pokemon mystery dungeon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rooster2, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooster2

rooster2

Hi there just a casual question im thinking of starting a project based of the pokemon mystery dungeon serise and i was trying to figure out wheres best to start as i know for the random map gen unity has a section on that in there learn tab which i know ehre it is and i wanted other peoples veiws and help on where to start

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

3. rooster2

rooster2

that doesnt do anything to help me i have looked all over the learn and what i need isnt there so be more helpfull douchbag

4. Ostwind

Ostwind

You probably did not even look there? there is a random map generation tutorial for example. All the content there teaches you basic skills that you then need to adapt in use of your project. By the way if you intend to insult other community trying to help you might not get very far. The learning section is the best start.

5. neginfinity

neginfinity

Blacklight, Martin_H and RavenOfCode like this.
  6. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

If you know the stuff in the learn section you will have no problem making a procedural dungeon. It is honestly where you should start.

Anyways, take a look at this advice. It's shows all the steps in a detailed way to make the game you want.

I would also recommend reading the link in the post about how to ask questions properly.

7. rooster2

rooster2

i know and the dungone i dont need help with its where would be best to start that i want peoples opnion on

8. rooster2

rooster2

9. neginfinity

neginfinity

Instead of looking through learning section yourself, use google search. The search results I linked previously return 2d dungeon generation as first result, unity forum discussion about procedural generation as second result, and cave system generation as a 3rd one.

Oh, and remain calm/polite at all times. If you start name calling, the guys who are actually experienced and can help you will just add you to their ignore list, meaning they will not even see your future questions after that. That's because they aren't obliged to help you in the first place.

10. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

This is our opinion on where to start. If you want something more technical then go and build a prototype or some idea on the approach you want to use. Then after you have something presentable come back and ask for opinions on your approach.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    wccrawford likes this.
  11. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

@rooster2 Please remember to be polite when replying to users on the forums. Our users and staff do want to help, and we've found a great deal of answers can be found in the Learn section.

If you're looking for where to start with a specific project, make sure your question is specific! My personal advice would be to try to tackle it yourself, either with our Learn content or with the many other resources in our community / online and come back with a post that can facilitate a more flushed out discussion. Here is a great example of a post that is able to develop due to it having a great foundation.

*Thread Closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.