Search Unity

Pokemon but not really. A cool game idea!!!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Somedays, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Somedays

Somedays

I've got a pretty cool idea for a mobile game. I haven't decided on the actual game play yet, but I think it should work similarly to doodle jump.

And along the way you can collect these cute little monsters and add them to your collection. while playing the game you collect energy orbs or whatever that are used to breed your monsters together.

When you go to your collection, you can breed two monsters together to make a new monster of a new tier. This would allow for some fun mixing and matching and creating new cool monsters! But you have to keep playing to get more energy orb things to continue to breed your monsters and expand your collection. I know it would be a lot of art work and a lot of monsters, but that wouldn't be too hard. also you could unlock new levels, the more monsters you have acquired. This would allow for more exploring and new monsters to collect!

What do you guys think??? Any suggestions?

2. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

this, actually sounds like an awesome idea. if you want MASS monsters tho id recommend pixel art so its all easily created and interchangeable. get something more together and I might actually be interested. but it would depend on how you have it laid out.

3. Somedays

Somedays

yeah pixel art may be the best way to go. I'm just still contemplating the main game play. I don't want to copy doodle jump but that game play would be perfect for this game. There has to be something I can change about it but still keep it simple and addicting.

4. WIURGN

WIURGN

It's not a bad idea though but I think it wont work well as long as your game has a social network base :/ else players puts your game aside early.. People love to show off their efforts and creations to eachother you know. You must give them really good features to make their time pass by and make them attach to your game.. As you said you will need "a lot of art work" for it. That means more work and more time spend. But it's still hard task even if you have a social network base since casual gamers played pet or sims like games on social networks :( Most of audience may satisfied already..

5. Somedays

Somedays

so maybe ladders that people can see who has collected the most monsters or something? maybe add a feature to feed your monsters and they level up and that could go on a ladder? idk any other social feature i could add.

6. WIURGN

WIURGN

What kind of gameplay you want to design? Thus, depend on your gameplay you can add your achivements or ladders features respectively.

7. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

nothing wrong with copying someones game play, you may simply be taking there game and improving it. don't be ashamed of it.

8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

EDIT: Missed the Doodle Jump bit. Makes it a bit different.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  9. jonima

jonima

Reminds me of Spore..

10. TehWut

TehWut

Pretty cool idea. Needs more though

11. sitting

sitting

Almost all the games today have some basics from another game so its cool! :D like angry birds idea is almost the same as some old flash game i played as a child ^^

12. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

crush the castle? :)

13. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

i would tackle this monster breeding thing, by making a lot of monster parts of different types, and let them mix up during gameplay, so you could have very freaky creations, pretty much like the lego star wars games does it, gungan jedis with storm trooper helmets hahahahah because the characters are made of pieces from a collection, you can mix them whatever you like.

and i agree that you should let your players share or show off their creations, either by a social component or let them share your monsters with other users