Search Unity

Pointer Enter not working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by arfish, Aug 28, 2018.

1. arfish

arfish

Have updated a VR app to Unity 2018.2.5f1, and GoogleVRForUnity_1.150.0.

The problem is when using the GvrReticlePointer (for Cardboard), none of the triggers for PointerEnter nor PointerExit works for the VR-buttons on Android builds.

The trigger for PointerClick works.
    So the only way to use the VR button now is to gaze at the VR-button, and then press the Cardboard button (tapping on the display).

I thought the Cardboard button was depreciated...

Are there any other triggers to use now for pointer Enter, and Exit events?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

What made you think that?

In my view, there is no reason to do gaze-only interaction, even when doing mobile phone VR. Anybody interested in VR can at least buy a $15 viewer with a Cardboard (screen-tapping) button, and this alone is a huge step up from no interaction other than gaze.

But going further, I no longer see any reason to support mobile VR at all, now that the Oculus Go is out. At $200 it's at a sweet spot in pricing, and light-years ahead of any mobile VR. After I got my Go my urge to use my phone as a VR display went away very quickly. :) There are over half a million Go units sold already, and after this holiday season I think that will at least double. So it's a large and growing market that is hungry for high-quality games (and, unlike the mobile market, willing to actually spend money on them).

That's my $0.02, anyway. :)

3. vanhauttebram

vanhauttebram

I experience the exact same problems. The event trigger won't work correctly for me on Android builds. No clue where to start fixing it.

4. arfish

arfish

5. vanhauttebram

vanhauttebram

At this moment, I have it set up like this: https://gyazo.com/8b03bc03352af918fd4716c6bd4887df

That is correct right? I can see the pointer, but it is not detecting an other object by becoming a bigger circle with a hole in it..