Search Unity

Pointcloud in Unity

Discussion in 'VR' started by KenniKure, Aug 13, 2019.

1. KenniKure

KenniKure

Hey Forum.

I was asked by my internship counseler if it was possible to import Pointcloud into Unity? I installed the Pointcloud viewer free version and I saved the pointcloud files on my computer. I have tried to save them as E.57, xyz, ASC but I cant open them in unity? Nor can I import them into my assets? When I try to import them and go to the folder where I know they are in, Unity cant see them nor open them.

What do I have to do, to make Unity open the entire Pointcloud file so I can work in it,so I will be able to walk around in it using VR?

2. Aseemy

Aseemy

3. KenniKure

KenniKure

I have downloaded it now from GitHub. I didnt know if I was looking for one specifik thing in the downloaded content, so I just imported the entire folder with the content into Unity?

Is there something I should drag into unity to start going, or can I now see files from Pointcloud?

4. Aseemy

Aseemy

You should have downloaded the Package file from the Releases page linked in teh description.
    Here it is : https://github.com/keijiro/Pcx/releases/download/v0.1.5/Pcx.unitypackage
    Kindly try this on a new project. You will have to use this package on every project you want to run the PointCloud files.

Kindly go through the documentation provided on the github page to understand its workings.